Sr. Product Manager-PRO010290
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Sr. Marketing Manager Cattle Vaccines and Cow-Calf Segment, US Cattle - This position will lead all marketing and brand efforts for our cattle vaccines and our marketing strategies for our cow-calf customers, including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
Related to Cattle Vaccines:
- Facilitate marketing related analysis by gathering and coordinating inputs from all relevant departments and stakeholders. Utilize analysis to develop brand objectives, strategies, and tactics. Provide input and direction to market research and guide application of customer insight studies.
- Develop brand strategies and engage in life-cycle planning. Develop and manage the marketing plan. Develop packaging strategies. Set the strategy for the launch of a new product. Incorporate overall company & category vision into strategies for the brands.
- Participate in cross- functional teams for product planning or brand improvements. Conduct market research to determine future new products and product improvements. Create measurable positive impact on overall company success.
- Develop overall promotional and media activities to deliver Brand objectives. Lead agency relationships to create effective advertising, public relations, professional and retailer programs. Oversee execution of the brand strategy through implementation of tactics. Drive revenue and profit growth.
- Develop pricing/reimbursement strategies. Approve and manage brand budgets.
- Identify and suggest best practices and undertake innovative activities.
Related to the Cow-Calf Segment:
- Develop and implement strategies for the cow-calf segment to build a sustainable competitive position for Merck Animal Health.
- Develop and implement loyalty-building programs.
- Collaborate with Sales, Technical Sevices Veterinarians, Marketing and Business Operations to develop a coordinated effort for Merck Animal Health to better serve the cow-calf segment.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelors degree
Required Experience or Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the US cattle industry and a thorough understanding of the US Cattle market
- Proficiency and experience in Marketing
- Proven leadership, ability to build relationships, interpersonal and communications skills
- Project management skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in brand management and product launches
- Experience in sales and sales management
- Experience managing distribution and supply chain
- MBA in Marketing
- Experience managing cattle vaccines from the marketing perspective.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, and National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Product Management/Marketing
Job Title : Associate Director
Primary Location: NA-US-KS-DeSoto
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The...