Cashier must have a strong customer service orientation to be successful.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Understands and follows Harbor Freight Tools cash handling policies and procedures including register till count at the beginning of a shift.
- Ability to work varied hours/days including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate policies and procedures in a manner easily understood by the customer and associates.
- Operates a POS system receiving payments of cash, checks and credit card charges from customers or associates for goods, making change and issuing receipts.
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Ensuring phones are answered promptly and politely utilizing approved script.
- Being aware of all Harbor Freight Tools promotions, advertisements and merchandise.
- Sales focus concerning Harbor Freight Tools programs such as Extended Service Plan (ESP), Inside Track Club and Customer Mailing Cards.
- Assists with front-end merchandising, register lanes, mobile merchandisers, breakdown tables as well as store cleanliness and organization throughout the day.
- The ability to meet established productivity and sales goals
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Education or Equivalent Experience: High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Function Specific Experience: At least 1 year related work experience
- Work is performed in an area that is adequately lighted and ventilated.
- Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform duties such as agility, dexterity and long periods of walking, standing, bending, carrying or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 25 pounds or more.
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools had a mission to make it easier for working people to get the best value possible on top-quality tools they...