REPORTING RESPONSIBILITY: Director of Product Development and Quality Assurance
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for daily scheduling, staffing of the Quality, Blending and Sanitation departments. The Quality Assurance Manager will ensure that all manufacturing of finished product is within company standards such as blends, formulas, mixes, and final packaging. The Quality Assurance Manager will ensure that all manufacturing is performed within government mandated food safety practices and all other Customer food safety compliance programs. The Quality Assurance Manager will ensure the blending staff is operating efficiently and within company mandated practices and will schedule staffing to meet production requirements. The Quality Assurance Manager will ensure the shift is operating within all quality requirements including Regulatory, SQF and GMP’s.
INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: Company wide contact with all departments.
EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: Contact with inspecting and certification agencies, pest control, raw material and equipment suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Essential functions of job consists of but not limited to the following:
1) Utilize VAI batching and scheduling system to ensure efficient staffing of the Blending Department.
2) Schedule Blending staff both tea and manufacturing mix and review efficiencies and process results daily.
3) Issues batch formula sheets, maintaining batch records, lot code tracking and final blend reconciliation in all software systems.
4) Ensure the manufacturing facility is within compliance of all food safety regulations and GMP’s.
5) Audit all production processes to ensure quality standards are consistently achieved, focusing on reduction of consumer complaints for defective tea bags.
6) Reconcile daily production report and responsible for accurate accounting of tea and WIP inventory.
7) Ensure all tea and raw materials have current specification documentation.
8) Test products, raw materials, packaging, finished goods and final products for compliance and defects.
9) Perform facility audits within Regulatory, food safety and SQF compliance.
10) Participate in daily production schedule review meetings to ensure product- facility compliance, provide input as to reducing defects waste and present potential productivity improvements.
11) Review and test daily all raw materials blend approvals and finished goods before releasing to production and our customers.
12) Develop and monitor procedures to ensure a safe and suitable product is being manufactured on a consistent basis. Review, update and monitor all Quality policies.
13) Develop and audit all good manufacturing practices and make the necessary changes to comply with all existing regulatory agencies.
14) Train employees in defined quality control procedures and involve everyone in the Process Improvement.
15) Supervise timely reconciliation of hold and release products.
16) Investigate consumer complaints
17) Review and implement facility sanitation procedures to ensure compliance with company and regulatory guidelines.
18) Evaluate employees and systems to ensure above average performance, consistently.
19) Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Innovation and Quality Assurance.
1) B.S. in Science or Business. Related experience, preferably in food service.
2) Must have ability to be a qualified tea taster.
3) Full working knowledge of regulatory requirements and practices (FDA, HACCP, Weights and Measures, Kosher, etc.).
4) Excellent communication, record keeping and organizational skills.
5) Proficiency with computers, databases, spread sheets and operating systems.
6) Experience or training in methods of establishing process improvement initiatives and SPC.
7) Flexibility to work shift work.
Please send resume to: YostL@redcofoods.com
Redco Foods Inc. was formed in March of 1985 by John G Edwards. Edwards was previously President and CEO of Brook Bond Foods (Red Rose Tea)...