Sr. Field Technician - Isabella, PR
Technical Support Services
USA-PR: PUERTO RICO-ISABELLA
Remote Work Authorized
Apr 10, 2013, 10:25:23 AM
Essential Job Functions
- Provides on-site field support to customers including installation, and servicing and repairing of systems and equipment.
- Answers customer questions and resolves issues. Refers other issues/questions to appropriate personnel/service area/manager for follow up, testing and troubleshooting.
- Assists in instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of systems/equipment.
- Acts as a liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Performs analyses and prepares reports on system problem trends and issues.
- Assists in applying engineering principles and practices as they relate to system design, process flow and/or discrete modeling.
- Interacts with the client's engineers, as necessary, to gather information, design changes, requirements, etc. to compile information for the overall solution design.
- Assists in translating the engineering design into software design and development of test plans to verify logic of new or modified technical programs.
- Performs testing of the final product and works with the client's engineers to assure that the product performs as planned.
- Assists in the design of basic technical programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Five or more years of field support experience
- Experience working with the company's hardware, software and equipment products
- Experience working with customer technology and support requirements
- Experience working with process and/or system design concepts
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with engineering principles and practices
- 2+ years desktop technician, network and voice
- 1+ years Windows XP , WIN 7
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
- Position is on-site in Isabella, PR
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Interpersonal skills to work with customers and other unit personnel
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to resolve non-complex hardware and equipment problems
- Willingness to travel
CSC - 11 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...