As Practice Office Supervisor you will supervise and coordinate non-clinical personnel, perform diversified administrative and secretarial duties, and is responsible for maintaining and promoting efficiency in areas of responsibility, support revenue cycle functions, Quality and Service Excellence initiatives and act as liaison between physicians and lawyers.
- Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates the performance of staff. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the daily operations and non-clinical staff of in the Practice.
- Prioritizes, schedules, assigns and monitors work to optimize operational service.
- Analyzes, recommends, implements and monitors approved, compliant work-flow changes.
- Ensures adequate inventory of supplies
- Participates in developing and delivering training related to operations.
- Coordinates the billing and collection of monies generated from physicians' services.
- Ensures key revenue cycle functions are handled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures appropriate and timely credentialing and re-credentialing.
- Acts as liaison with lawyers and maintains legal records.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Knowledge of Business Management and/or Health Care Administration as normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible administrative experience in a physician office setting, required. Previous supervisory experience, preferred.
- Working knowledge of PC applications, required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System - 17 months ago
This hospital system has a scope that stretches long beyond Long Island. North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System (NS-LIJ) operates 16...