Our pastry cooks are responsible for preparing various baked goods for on site functions
and restaurants, Opals Confectionary and guest requests. Items range from cakes, pies, wedding
cakes, pastries, cookies and fudge.
• Prepares dough and batter following written recipes.
• Responsible for to preparing various bakery items for all Fine Dining Restaurants & Events.
• Takes a proactive approach in ensuring that food handling/quality procedures are accurately and
continuously followed and in accordance with F&B procedures.
• Maintains constant awareness pertaining to all food products within specified restaurant dessert
coolers and ensures that food items are properly rotated to maintain freshness.
• Assists in maintaining the overall cleanliness and appearance of the kitchen and bakery areas.
• Working knowledge of isomalt, sugar pastes, chocolate and dough for decoration.
• Thorough understanding of all mixing methods, i.e., sponge, separation foaming, creaming, etc.
• Ability to convert and proportion recipes to suit product requirements.
• Working knowledge of metric system and scaling systems.
• Continually prepares various bakery items to meet the needs of Turning Stone’s guest.
• Follows recipe specifications to ensure consistency.
• Maintains a prep list of dessert components along with descriptions and photos in designated
restaurant of responsibility.
• A.O.S. degree from a Culinary Institute is required. ServSafe Certification preferred.
• Must possess one year previous Pastry and Baking experience.
• Must possess outstanding guest service skills, ability to organize/prioritize & multi-task.
• Must possess mathematical ability; recipes, cost out cost analysis, etc.
• Ability to read is essential; standard forms, recipes, daily paperwork.
• Ability to speak and understand the English language; continuously communicate with a degree of
professionalism and accuracy. Written communication skills essential; reporting and standard forms.
• Must be able to utilize mixers, dough formers, sheeters, bakery ovens and bagel formers.
• Position requires constant bending, pushing, pulling, kneeling, standing, walking, simple
grasping, manual dexterity, reaching over the shoulder and twisting.
• Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time.
• Must be able to push / pull up to 50 pounds, lift up to 75 pounds.
Remarks: This job description is intended to be illustrative of the position's duties and should not be
construed to be an exhaustive statement of the essential functions of the job
Oneida Indian Nation - 15 months ago