Amazon Coins is a virtual currency for purchasing apps, games, and in-app items on Kindle Fire. We launched in May, and gave our customers tens of millions of dollars worth of free Coins to spend in the Appstore. Jackpot!
But that's just the beginning. We have huge plans for Coins this year, next year, and beyond.
We're looking for a data engineer who is passionate about data architecture and data-driven decision making, uncompromisingly detail oriented, smart, efficient, and driven to help our business succeed. Understanding customer data is paramount to our success. We need you to help manage our information needs and support analysis of complex business questions. At Amazon you will be working in one of the largest and most complex data environments in the world.
As a Data Slayer with Amazon Coins, you will work with our marketing, finance, and technology teams to provide the analytic technologies that give our customers timely, flexible and structured access to relevant data. You’ll build and maintain database solutions that are used for daily reporting and drive business decision making while dealing efficiently with the massive scale of data available through our Data Warehouse as well as our Coins software systems. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling data, building ETL, building reports and dashboards. You will be expected to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable data warehousing solutions.
You must also be able to manage timelines, work within our agile software development process, and coordinate your work with other team members. Your work must be accurate, timely, and insightful. You must be a self-starter and be able to learn on the go. You must be analytical and creative, and you must never give up.
Are you holding out for an opportunity to:
Then join us.
- Have the ability to use your unique skills to make a huge impact?
- Shape the direction of products that touch millions of people?
- Work with an amazing team of engineers and product managers?
- Have a great time doing it?
- 5+ years experience building data warehousing solutions including data modeling, schema design, ETL, and reporting
- 3+ years experience with notable BI analytic tools (Tableau is preferred), including administration and development
- Expert skills in data modeling, SQL, and query performance tuning
- Solid knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related technical field
- Experience with Big Data solutions – Hadoop/EMR or other framework
- Experience partnering with business owners directly to understand their requirements and provide data which can help them observe patterns and spot anomalies
- Understanding of agile software development cycle
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online....