Serves meals to restaurant patrons and assists workers engaged in preparing those meals by performing the duties of cashier, waiter, and kitchen helper
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits
- Greet customers entering establishments
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions and sort, count, and wrap currency and coins
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Escort customers to their tables.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Serve food and/or beverages to patrons; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving
- Serves patrons from chafing dishes at table. Carves meats, bones fish and fowl, and prepares flaming dishes and desserts at patron’s table
- Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
- Ladle soup, toss salads, portion pies and desserts, brew coffee and perform other services as determined by establishment’s size and practices.
- Stores food in designated areas
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils, segregates and removes garbage, and steam cleans or houses garbage containers.
- Other duties as assigned
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Ability to obtain Food Workers Card http://www.dec.alaska.gov/eh/fss/fwc/fwc_home.html
- Basic knowledge of the food industry (required)
- Basic knowledge of mathematical/money; addition, subtract, multiply, ect.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well groomed and willing to follow dress requirements.
- Ability to learn basic task and follow instructions.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50lbs
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment, and have a strong attention for detail.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed primarily indoors in a restaurant, heated/freezer environment. Some exposure to weather conditions while working outside of the restaurant when performing other tasks on the facility.
Olgoonik - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard