This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. They are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserves.
Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position & unit) on their application.
The position may be filled at the GS-09 with promotion potential to the GS-10.
The individual selected for this position may be promoted to the target level without further competition upon meeting any legal and regulatory requirements.
This vacancy is being re-announced. Candidates who applied for Announcement 9H-ART-815088-799264-RS must self-nominate for this Announcement in order to receive consideration.
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional)
- The Government’s most important asset is its people
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be a current member of the AF Reserves or willing/qualified to join
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Military AFSC and grade: 4A071 / E7
Back to top
As the senior ART, plans, organizes, and manages the day-to-day activities of the medical unit which requires constant organizational planning, coordination, training, evaluation and resolution, of administrative medical issues for critical essential mission requirements; plans, directs and analyzes all matters related to the wings health services management programs; as Senior medical ART directs subordinate employees engaged in administration, logistics, resource management, and medical paraprofessional activities.
Provides health care services administration of Air Expeditionary Force (AEF) support for wing and outside agencies; serves as medical executive management support administrator for participation of medical reserve personnel in support of activities and exercises by Joint Chief of Staff (JCS), MAJCOM, and local entities.
Coordinates fiscal, facility and instructor requirements to support Medical Readiness, Ancillary and On-the-Job (OJT) Training requirements; serves as principle Medical Squadron representative to the wing Financial Management Board (FMB) and Financial Working Group (FWG).
Manages and monitors squadron manpower resources and allocations insuring implementation of all AFRC-imposed manpower controls including officers, enlisted, and civilian strength levels, grades, under-grade/over/grade, and overages.
Provides overall management and direction of office IM/IT automation. Directs subordinate employees engaged in administration, logistics, resource management, and medical paraprofessional activities.
Back to top
At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-07) or equivalent.
Specialized experience must include administrative, professional, technical, investigative, or other responsible work. Examples of qualifying experience includes plan, organize, and manage the day-to-day activities of a medical unit which requires constant organizational planning, coordination, training, evaluation and resolution, or administrative medical issues for critical essential mission requirements; serves as medical executive management support administrator for participation of medical reserve personnel in support of activities and exercises.
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-07 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of management analytical and evaluation methods and understanding of how regulatory programs are administered to select appropriate evaluations and measurement techniques. Knowledge of medical, and various other administrative programs throughout the Air Force Reserve, in order to conduct studies, analyze findings, and make recommendations on substantive program changes within the unit.
2. Knowledge of medical operations and management principles, policies and procedures, and knowledge of medical plans, programs, and requirements.
3. Knowledge of and experience working with the Air Force Reserve Medical Service Mission, organization, programs, and functions; skill and ability to prepare project and staff reports.
4. Knowledge of business statistical analysis techniques and applications to measure the effectiveness, efficiency, productivity and mission preparedness of established medical programs; ability to plan, organize, assign work, and communicate both orally and in writing.
5. Knowledge of a wide range of technical/professional medical administrative concepts theories, procedures and techniques, as well as a specialized knowledge of wartime medical operations and missions.
6. Knowledge of Air Force medical exercise and contingency planning and programming concepts and a thorough knowledge of squadron's medical mission, equipment specifications (Allowance Standards) and operational parameters.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position.
Incumbent must meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements.
however, the incumbent
generally not to exceed 30
The incumbent may be required to fly in military or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty (TDY) assignments.
3. This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
4. This is a drug test designated position (TDP).
The incumbent is subject to random drug testing.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Air Reserve Technician (ART) Positions
: For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212.
Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts.
Visit the Verification of Military Experience and Training Web Site to obtain this information,
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Current Federal Civilian employees
may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is
. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
4475 England Ave
Nellis AFB Clark,
Department of the Air Force - 14 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...