Exciting career opportunity for an Electronic Security Technician to join one of the region’s fastest growing companies. M.C. Dean, Inc. is a design-build electrical engineering, construction and technology company with more than 2700 employees with offices in Washington, D.C.; Northern Virginia; Richmond, VA; Baltimore, Maryland; Atlanta, Georgia; Clearwater/Tampa, Florida and in Stuttgart, Germany.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com .
An Electronics Technician II is responsible for installing, testing and troubleshooting security system sub-level devices (i.e. patch panels, junction boxes) on large or complex jobs and head end equipment on small or less complex jobs.
1. Performing field verification testing.
2. Reading and adhering to blueprints and installation design plans for the installation of sub-level devices (i.e. patch panels, junction boxes) on large or complex jobs and head end equipment on small or less complex jobs.
3. Preparing and installing cable pathways & spaces.
4. Identifying appropriate cables from drawings and running cables/fiber per installation design plans.
5. Testing continuity of conductor(s) or breaks in fiber.
6. Terminating basic connections such as butt splices, insulated connectors, terminal strips/blocks and BNC connectors.
7. Mounting and terminating field devices (i.e. Readers, Door Contacts, REXs, Cameras).
8. Ensuring all assigned IMMS tickets are resolved and documented.
9. Installing and Terminating sub-level devices (i.e. patch panels, junction boxes) on large or complex jobs and head end equipment on small or less complex jobs to include power and proper grounding.
10. Reading and understanding component level schematic diagrams for systems, equipment and devices.
11. Troubleshooting and isolating problems at both a local or global level.
12. Correcting problems at the local level with no assistance.
13. Correcting problems at the global level with little assistance.
14. Repairing and maintaining electronic security system equipment.
15. Terminating and testing voice and data connections.
16. Adhering to all M.C. Dean and S.E.S. policies and procedures.
1. Test Equipment (i.e. TDR, OTDR)
2. Hand tools (complete list of SES Division Level II required tools will be provided.)
6-8 yrs experience in non-residential electronics installation and troubleshooting is required with a high school degree and graduation from US Navy or Air Force Electronics Training program with a minimum of 720 class room hours; or graduation from MC Dean’s Electronic Technician / Electrical apprenticeship program. Experience installing and troubleshooting electronic security, life safety and telecommunications systems is preferred.
4-6 yrs experience with AS in Electronics from an accredited program
0-2 yrs experience with BS/BA
M.C. Dean, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
M.C. Dean, Inc. - 21 months ago
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical...