Office Manager – San Francisco Office
Fenton is one of the leading public-interest communications firms in the country with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., New York and London. We develop and execute strategic communications on environmental, public health, education and social justice issues. We provide media relations, branding, communications planning and digital media services to our nonprofit, foundation and corporate clients.
The office manager is responsible for supporting the operations of Fenton’s CA offices and is an integral part of Fenton’s companywide operations team. It is a fantastic opportunity to see the inside of a nimble, entrepreneurial, social change firm working with some of the world’s most impactful NGOs, philanthropies and companies; and to help make an extremely committed and talented staff even better at what we do. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Assess office and organizational needs and initiate feasible plans to meet those needs
- Develop and maintain new systems for efficiency
- Manage contracts with clients, freelancers and vendors
- Manage invoicing and expense reimbursement processes for CA clients
- Work with staff to manage time, expenses and workflow; to monitor project budgets; and to report to clients
- Work with staff to track new business prospects (using platforms such as Salesforce)
- Liaise with IT team to ensure that staff have the necessary equipment and resources
- Support many HR functions, including recruitment, orientation, training, retention, job
- performance measurement, and benefits
- Develop and maintain calendar of relevant cultural events and activities for staff;
- organize attendance at such events
- Oversee office intern program
- Oversee facilities, including relationships and leases with subtenants
- Implement legally required personnel practices and records
- Supervise SF Administrative Assistant
- Manage additional projects as they arise and as assigned
Supervision: The office manager will report directly to the Director of Operations. Compensation: Competitive with benefits.
- 3-4 years’ successful operations, HR or administrative experience, preferably in a professional services firm.
- Strong sense of initiative, highly detail-oriented, organized, analytical and great with numbers.
- Demonstrated analytical aptitude to quickly assess large amounts of data and implement creative solutions to problems.
- Experience developing and implementing systems and managing projects.
- Experience recruiting, training and supervising staff.
- Experience in team management/building.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with all levels of company staff.
- Familiarity with small business practices, operations and equipment.
- Flexibility/ability to balance multiple demands; to prioritize and manage a variety of jobs.
- Ability to research and evaluate business products, procedures and consultants.
To apply: Please email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com . Resumes without salary requirements will not be reviewed.
People of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fenton Communications - 17 months ago