Bexil American Mortgage is a Start-up National Mortgage Banking firm based in San Diego, CA lead by a seasoned group of mortgage professionals. We need strong sales professionals with a successful track record looking to be a part of a dynamic sales culture to join our team and help us achieve national success.
This role must develop and maintain relationships with a strong customer referral base for the purpose of originating and funding quality mortgage loans for a specified territory. Currently we are recruiting for the Southwest Region.
- Sales: Manages day-to-day sales activity. Participates in regular calls/meetings with the sales staff, reviewing sales strategies, best practices, new products and product enhancements.
- Marketing: creates and implements marketing plans in order to increase production. Utilizes marketing materials created by corporate, and participates in branch sales promotions, contests, etc.
- Pipeline Management: Develops strategy for building and maintaining prospective customer base, utilizing effective sales techniques to generate production necessary to meet and exceed productivity and quality goals; prepares and delivers sales presentations to referral clients to highlight current or new programs and pricing features, providing marketing/sales tools to aid in the selling of these programs; competently answers questions and structures loan scenarios from customers. Gathers and maintains pertinent customer information; gathers competitor information so as to convey the value/benefit of doing business with the company and to better service customer expectations and needs.
- Customer Service Provides excellent customer service that meets or exceeds customers’ expectations and that ensures consistent and smooth flow of quality loan files. The following are essential duties and responsibilities associated with servicing customers:
- Receives applications from prospective customers, reviews for completeness and delivers to the appropriate person for processing.
- Encourages and instructs customers how to use available technologies to submit loan applications and required loan documentation.
- With each customer, clarifies customer service expectations regarding meeting frequency, voicemail and e-mail message retrieval and return, loan file communication, etc. Works together with Loan Processor to meet customer’s expectations.
- Communicates with customers regarding loan status, loan scenarios, underwriting decisions and approval conditions effectively so that customers’ questions and/or concerns are promptly and thoroughly addressed, enlisting the assistance of the Loan Processor or Underwriter as necessary and appropriate.
- Works with Loan Processor to establish guidelines and processes for: involving Loan Officer in communications with customers on specific loan files, communicating loan status to customers, answering customers’ questions about loan scenarios, discussing underwriting decisions with customers, requesting information from customers/clearing approval conditions.
- Answers customers’ questions during the loan process promptly and thoroughly, enlisting assistance from the Loan Processor as appropriate and necessary.
- Retrieves and returns customers’ phone and e-mail messages within the timeframes committed to, according to standards set by direct supervisor.
- When customers question why certain approval conditions are required on a specific loan, listens to customer’s concerns and then skillfully communicates with Underwriters and customers in a manner that respects both parties’ position on the loan and maintains customer’s desire to do business with the company.
- When communicating a loan denial decision to customers, provides a detailed explanation of why the loan was denied and offers suggestions of other loan programs or products that would simultaneously meet the borrower’s, company’s, and investor/government agency’s needs. Consults with Underwriters as necessary when determining which programs/products to offer.
- If, during loan processing or underwriting, the prospective borrower presents new information about their qualifications or requirements that necessitates changes to the loan program/product being offered, explains pricing changes and/or new required approval conditions in a manner that maintains customer’s desire to do business with Company.
- When borrower doesn’t exactly qualify for the program/product initially requested, works with Underwriter and customer as appropriate to determine how to re-structure the loan to remain with the program/product initially offered or to recommend a different program/product that will still meet the borrower’s, company’s and investor/government agency’s needs. During these conversations, communicates in a manner that respects both the Underwriter’s and customer’s positions so that the Underwriter can approve a loan that meets guidelines and the customer still wants to do business with the company.
- 5+ years experience in the retail mortgage industry with strong track record of effective sales experience
- Proven track record of meeting and/or exceeding production, profitability, quality, efficiency and customer service goals.
- Working knowledge of Residential Loan Management Systems
- Working knowledge of Automated Underwriting Systems
- Working knowledge of Excel to create, navigate and manipulate reports
- Working knowledge of Word to compose memos or reports for delivery to current and prospective customers, branch sales staff, management peers and company executives
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint to create presentations for delivery to current and prospective referral clients, branch sales staff, management peers and company executives
- Working knowledge of Access or company-specific database software to retrieve and manipulate loan performance data
- Working knowledge of E-mail Applications and navigating the Internet
Bexil American Mortgage Inc. - 18 months ago