Perform accounts receivable functions.
Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Balance cash and reconcile accounts at the end of the month.
- Reconcile accounts with discrepancies and research accounts to determine cause of non payments.
- Make daily collection calls.
- Apply customer payments.
- Research and solve payment discrepancies.
- Process credit card payments and credits.
- Prepare weekly manual deposits.
- Make adjustments to accounts, as needed.
- Perform credit reviews for new accounts.
Skills and Abilities :
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or trade school plus five years Accounts Receivable experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting background.
- Experience in manufacturing/service, a plus.
- Customer Service focused.
- Adaptable to change.
- Proficient in Windows based software.
- Team oriented.
- Effectively communicate one-on one and in small groups with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Pleasant and professional demeanor with employees and customers.
- Answer routine calls where appropriate and respond in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work directly with internal and external customers.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, and Custom Reporting.
- Ability to multi-task.
Cummins Bridgeway - 21 months ago