Fort Rucker, the Home of Army Aviation is situated in the heart of the Wiregrass. We offer something for everyone. Our goal is to improve our Soldiers' quality of life during their stay at Fort Rucker. We are proud to serve the needs of the Fort Rucker community. Our staff is committed to providing outstanding customer service because our Soldiers and Community deserve the best.
The Recreation Assistant (Water Safety Instructor) plans and instructs a comprehensive swimming instruction program for various ages and abilities.
Duty hours routinely may be in the 4 to 6 hours per week range, with potential to increase.
This is a Flexible Position. Flexible employees are not guaranteed any hours. A Flexible employee serves in a continuing position on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Email address is required
- Successful completion of a physical is required
- CERTIFICATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED AT TIME OF APPLICATION
Acts as water safety instructor. Manages all swimming lessons and instructs when scheduled, at the assigned aquatics facility. Develops swim program according to students' ability and promotes students to higher level of swimming according to their skills. Instructs all levels of swimming and appropriate strokes, to include; front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly. Teach adult students. Introduces and instructs safety and survival skills to students, when appropriate to level of instruction. Instructors work with lifeguards to ensure that swim lessons are safe at all times.
Minimum Qualifications - Certifications *MUST BE UPLOADED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION*
You must indicate that you possess these certifications on your resume.
Water Safety Instructor Certification (Certificates issue by American Red Cross, Ellis @ Associates, Star Guard or other nationally recognized agencies are acceptable).
Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification (Certificates issue by American Red Cross, Ellis @ Associates, Star Guard or other nationally recognized agencies are acceptable).
First aid certification (Certificates issue by American Red Cross, Ellis @ Associates, Star Guard or other nationally recognized agencies are acceptable).
Minimum Qualifications - Experience
Work experience related to the following duties: Teach or assist teaching students from age groups of infant through adults; Introduce and/or instruct safety and survival skills to students, when appropriate to level of instruction; Develop or assist in development of swim program according to students' ability and promotes students to higher level of swimming according to their skills; Instruct or assist with instructing all levels of swimming and appropriate strokes, to include; front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly.
Availability: Must be available and willing and able to work the schedule (tour of duty) listed below for each item. This MUST be verified by your application and/or resume and in the interview process.
Available to work evenings from 1600 -1900.
Highly Preferred: *You MUST indicate if you meet the Highly Preferred criteria listed below on your application and/or resume. THIS CERTIFICATION MUST BE UPLOADED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION*
Possess and maintain a Lifeguard Certification (Certificates issue by American Red Cross, Ellis @ Associates, Star Guard or other nationally recognized agencies are acceptable).
**Only applicants meeting the highly preferred criteria will go out on a referral.**
Conditions of employment:
1. This is a Flexible position. Flexible employees may work 0 -40 hours per week on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. New employees are required to attend a Team Member Orientation with in the first 30 Days of employment.
7. If you are a US Citizen, you must provide proof of the following: a current US Passport, a birth certificate, a Report of Birth Abroad or a Certificate of Naturalization.
8. Successful completion of a physical is required.
9. You must be available to work evenings from 4PM to 7PM.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
To determine if you are qualified for this position, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The questions are designed to capture the desired knowledge, skills and abilities for this position. The score you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience or capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process may be used to verify your stated level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 22 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...