At Old Navy We Make Value Cool.
From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people. It could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 and we've been on a tear ever since. We were the fastest retailer to reach $1 billion in sales within four years and today we're one of the largest apparel brands in North America, operating more than 1000 stores across the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Over 350 million (that's not a typo) customers cross our doors and spend over $5 billion dollars with us each year.
The Customer Experience Associate drives results and enhances the customers experience by providing exceptional service that supports Old Navy's Service Vision. The Customer Experience Associate upholds the standard of Friendly, Available, and Quick on the Sales Floor, Fitting Room and Cashier Work Centers. The Customer Experience Associate's #1 priority is the customer. The Customer Experience Associate is committed to offering the customer Friendly, Available and Quick service in all aspects of their shopping experience. The Customer Experience Associate drives sales through acknowledging customers, responding to customer cues, supporting other customer service team members and working quickly. The Customer Experience Associate is responsible for offering and educating customers on the benefits of Old Navy Card. The Customer Experience Associate maintains a neat, clean and organized working and shopping environment. The Customer Experience Associate may be assigned to work on the Sales Floor, Fitting Room, or Cashiering Work Centers.
- Indicate availability to the customer by facing the front of the department.
- Acknowledge and greet the customer within ten feet of entering the area.
- Assess needs by responding to customer cues.
- Offer solutions for out of stock items (alternate item, OLDNAVY.com).
- Educate customers on the benefits of Old Navy Card.
- Work quickly without pressuring customers to rush, be respectful of customers time.
- Support cashier and fitting room as immediate backup.
- Maintain neat, clean and organized sales floor through organizing, hanging and folding merchandise.
- Follow up with customers to see if they need additional assistance.
- Offer additional sizes styles or colors to increase sales levers.
- Clean fitting room area and maintain go backs to Old Navy standards.
- Acknowledge additional customers and set expectations for service.
- Prioritize assisting customers over other tasks.
- Compliance with all Old Navy policies and procedures.
- Acknowledge customers- greet them with a smile.
- Follow all cash handling procedures per company guidelines.
- Prioritize cashiering over Sales Floor tasks - open new registers to minimize wait time.
- Acknowledge additional customers in line.
- Offer and explain Old Navy Card.
- Work efficiently to speed up checkout.
- Thank customer and invite the customer back.
Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. We work as a team, and team members are expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the leader on duty or as needed to ensure overall customer satisfaction. This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work people assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties are listed is not significant.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for extraordinary customer service.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Retail experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolong standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, climbing.
- Ability to work with/ around cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shifts.
Store Sales, Stock and Visual
GAP Inc - 19 months ago
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...