The Global Financial Applications team is looking for a Functional Analyst to play a key role operating and enhancing the applications used in the procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, and report-to-report business processes. This position will be responsible for leading the support and operation of modules within the e-Business suite. Core activities will include end user support, problem management and operational enhancements for multiple applications in multiple geographies. This role will be responsible for delivering high quality service to Amazon.com's growing global business.
- Interact with business customers to understand and document their business processes and requirements.
- Perform gap analysis to determine our e-Business suite’s system configuration and development changes.
- Create business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional design documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and implementation documentation as necessary.
- Work with development team to design and implement system modifications.
- Work with business customers, developers and Oracle Support to research, document and resolve Oracle system issues.
- Create SQL queries against Oracle tables to troubleshoot, develop metrics, and create ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Proactive – display energy and initiative in solving problems. Follow all possible avenues to get the job done.
- Adaptable – undertake a variety of tasks willingly. Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required. Adapt quickly to new technologies and products. Work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
- Quality – demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness in your work.
- Decisive – ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options. Ability to influence others in decided course of action.
- Integrity – act with personal integrity at all times.
- Professional – work within your team’s processes. Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off. Have a positive can-do approach to work.
- A minimum of 6 years experience working with Oracle e-Business Suite applications.
- Experience leading a team of Programmer Analysts in an operational capacity.
- Strong technical knowledge of the underlying table structure of more than one e-Business Suite module.
- Experience in engaging Oracle Support to research and resolve issues.
- Experience with low-level ad-hoc query tools (Toad, SQLPlus) and a detailed working knowledge SQL queries.
- A strong functional knowledge of Oracle e-Business suite in a multi-organization and multi-set of books environment.
- Six years experience working with Oracle Financials with four years focused on extending and/or supporting General Ledger, Procurement, Payables, iExpenses, Receivables, Cash Management, Fixed Assets.
- Strong technical knowledge of the underlying tables, integration points and technology processes are critical to success in this role.
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Must have very strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of business customers and drive consensus when conflicting requirements are identified.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical.
- Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important.
Amazon.com - 7 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...