Field & Stream is a place where outdoor enthusiasts can connect with the traditions that have developed over generations. We offer the finest selection of merchandise from the most trusted outdoor brands and provide in-depth professional services for archery equipment, fishing gear, firearms and more.
Field & Stream wants passionate hunters, anglers, and campers to assist us with our vision. As part of the team, you’ll work with other associates who share your expert knowledge, in an environment where you will be trained on the latest equipment and apparel. Whether it’s winding new line on a customer’s well-worn fishing rig or helping a family prepare for their first camping trip, you’ll have the opportunity to assist outdoor enthusiasts of all skill levels as they strive to carve out new traditions.
Great traditions are born in the great outdoors. By filling our specialty positions with passionate and experienced associates, we will help today’s customers build the traditions of tomorrow.
As a Field & Stream Hunting Manager, you will be responsible for achieving Company objectives in sales performance, profit contribution and profit and loss control by managing the operational and administrative aspects of the Outdoor areas of the store, including the Archery and Firearms Departments.
- Manages and drives business performance in areas of responsibility to consistently meet or exceed established goals and objectives in program metrics, profit & loss results, productivity, efficiency, etc. Also responsible for the management of in-store services within the Hunting and Firearms departments.
- Upholds Company standards for merchandise presentation by managing the planning process for execution of established floor sets, signing requirements, price changes, recovery procedures, in-stock processes, etc.
- Creates and sustains a culture of exceptional customer service among managers and associates while fostering an authentic environment for all outdoor enthusiasts.
- Performs Manager on Duty (MOD) responsibilities for the entire store, including management of opening and closing procedures, monetary assets, the customer experience, associate activities, and other duties as required. Ensures the efficient daily operations of the store.
- Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures related to safety, loss prevention and standard operating procedures, as well as adherence to laws and guidelines of external governing entities, including those of the Federal ATF.
- Manages associate performance and behavior and provides appropriate feedback, recognition, coaching & development, corrective action, performance improvement planning, etc.
- Establishes staffing needs and drives the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training for all associates in the Hunting areas. Develops staffing schedules for the associates and manages payroll to ensure budget compliance and maximum staffing coverage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of retail store management experience
- MUST have passion and knowledge for hunting, fishing, or camping
- Extensive knowledge of firearms and current regulations
- Extensive knowledge of archery equipment and common practices
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible availability, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to prepare routine paperwork
- Ability to meet the Federal requirements for handling and processing firearm transactions.
Great traditions are born in the outdoors. With passionate associates in key specialty positions, we will build the traditions of tomorrow with our customers today.
Please feel free to pass the word on to your network of outdoor enthusiasts.
About Dick's Sporting Goods
See Dick's shoppers run, putt, dunk, drive, dribble -- and buy. Fast-growing Dick's Sporting Goods operates...