Lead Sourcing Manager - Capital Equipment
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Procurement professional to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. This position will report to a Regional Procurement Manager and will be responsible for defining and executing sourcing strategies for capital equipment for Fab 8.
Specific Duties Include:
- Define local sourcing strategy for capital equipment in alignment with Global Sourcing Team.
- Act as the primary interface to local supplier organizations; ensure local supplier development, cooperation and partnership.
- Perform and close site specific negotiations and participate in global negotiations in alignment with the Global Sourcing Team.
- Act as the first contact point for internal customers for the capital equipment and related commodities.
- Ensure regular contact with interface partners to recognize developments and needs and support interdisciplinary work to influence and optimize internal processes and procedures.
- Support site specific supply issues together with industrial engineering, operations and internal customers.
- Identify improvement potential and alternative equipment sourcing opportunities, analyze price development, communicate progress / achievements to global sourcing team and Operations.
- Monitor the national and international market to bring new suppliers, product derivatives and product innovations into the purchasing portfolio.
- Support Commodity Strategies to ensure the long-term, cost-effective supply of products and services.
- Ensure site specific procurement related team work in commodity.
- Participate in Supplier Performance Ratings.
- Support and perform benchmarking, spend and commodity analysis.
- Manage supply risk (SWOT analyses and risk strategies).
- Ensure close and clear communication with the commodity lead and site sourcing team on capital equipment related matters.
- Initiate equipment commodity sourcing activities to identify cost saving opportunities and supply risk and works closely with the Sourcing Team on supplier/equipment selection.
- Perform sourcing, cost and saving reporting as well as controlling of activities against the planned figures.
- Ensure proper contract coverage together with Regional Management and Global Sourcing Management.
- Analyze and control contractual agreements to prepare renegotiations, initiate appropriate measures and guarantee supplies.
- Support internal customers and Finance in case of escalations related to supply issues, purchase order and payment execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business.
- 5+ years experience in negotiations and sourcing for capital equipment for high volume manufacturing in a global procurement organization.
- Extensive experience in negotiation and in building strong relationships internally and externally and potential to influence Business Owners at all •Levels to use Procurement and Strategic Sourc capabilities.
- Proficiency in Source Manager skills and functions including demonstrated ability to drive Strategy Development, Contract Management, Supplier •Performance and Risk Management, Market Intelligence.
- Industry Trend Monitoring for the assigned Commodity.
- Ability to lead projects / project management, influencing and convincing customers, presentation skills and selling the value proposition of •Exceptional interpersonal and team skills with excellent communication skills/written and verbal.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Experience in semiconductor industry and Fab Startups
- In depth knowledge of Semiconductor Capital Equipment Commodities including Spares, Consumables and Maintenance
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).