Generally responsible for performing routine designs of less complex engineering assignments using theoretical knowledge and practical design methods. This work will be performed under close supervision.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Familiarity with and utilizing department engineering design and drafting standards.
• Assisting in developing conceptual layouts and studies as necessary to determine the simplest, most efficient approach to solving engineering tasks.
• Assisting in producing estimate level preliminary designs and material take-offs.
• Assisting in producing detail design calculations, spreadsheets, reports, drawings, and sketches for various projects.
• Assisting engineers and designers in resolving routine layout and detailing problems.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Enrollment in a Bachelor of Science Degree Program in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering at an accredited university.
• GPA of 3.0 or above
• Familiarity with design standards and codes.
• Familiarity with chemical/process engineering calculations (material and energy balances, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, mass transfer, etc.).
• Familiarity with engineering software.
• Working knowledge of CAD software, either AutoCAD, Microstation or both.
• Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to climb ladders or perform duties utilizing a safety harness.
• Ability to perform duties within confined spaces for extended periods of time.
• Ability to perform duties in an industrial or office setting.
• Ability to perform duties while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as fire-retardant clothing, safety glasses, ear plugs and/or hard hat.
• Ability to lift and carry in excess of 10 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Hargrove Engineers + Constructors - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1995, Hargrove Engineers + Constructors has served the needs of industry through its dedication to the client’s best interests....