Raytheon is supporting a proprietary customer contract for delivering technical support to customer management and providing resources for the technical services required to enable customer mission accomplishment.
In support of the customer’s strategic direction, Raytheon is looking for individuals who can support the protection of the customer environment.
An expert in database engineering technology is needed to support the customer team.
This position can be a Salary Grade E03 or E04 based upon the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being a technical resource for SQL related design, performance, security and configuration issues
- Provide troubleshooting and problem resolution for MS SQL Server related issues
- Support both VMware virtualized environments and bare metal installations for databases
- Strong understanding of customer baseline capabilities, design and objectives, and applying improvements to systems
- Maintenance of current data center infrastructures
- Interacts with end user to validate business requirements against technical implementation plan
- Supports the Certification and Accreditation process - running SRR, resolving findings, documenting solutions, workarounds or provide justifications for exceptions
- Maintains current industry knowledge of relevant concepts, practices and procedures.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
- Current and Active TS/SCI Security Clearance (No exceptions)
- A grade/level E03 requires a minimum
of 4+ years relevant experience
- A grade/level E04 requires a minimum of 6+
years relevant experience
- MYSQL or VMware or Oracle DBMS knowledge
- Possess knowledge of SQL Server and its tools including the facets of successfully administering a wide range of simple to highly complex environments.
- Be able to evaluate and install new software releases, patches and system upgrades.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage.
- Experience managing technology strategy / roadmap.
- Experience with development and execution of database security policies, procedures and auditing-experience with database authentication methods, authorization methods, and data encryption techniques. - Possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision making capability; focus on customer service.
- Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall database and applications environment.
+ years of experience for the E03 Level
+ years of experience for the E04 Level
- Experience supporting Intelligence, DoD, or DHS Customers
- Understanding of Certification and Accreditation (ICD 503/DCID 6/3) processes as they apply to database technologies
- Operating system and hardware platform knowledge preferred.
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Excellent writing skills
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I;
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more then 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2011 revenues.
Raytheon - 2 years ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...