Casey Family Programs, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a national operating foundation that provides and improves—and ultimately prevents the need for—foster care. We value a diverse and culturally competent workplace.
The Social Worker is primarily responsible for the delivery of services to youth who are in the child welfare system or are at risk of entering the child welfare system with a focus on permanency and improved outcomes in the area of education, employment and mental health. The Social Worker provides case management, and identifies barriers to timely permanency. The Social Worker is on call 24 hours per day, subject to each field office’s mode of ensuring coverage.
% of Time
· Provides case management services for children and families on assigned caseload, in accordance regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. This includes assessing client needs/safety; arranging for supportive services; and working effectively with the local child welfare jurisdiction to expedite permanency for youth in care.
· Responsible for guiding process towards permanency developing and implementing permanency placement resource strategies. This includes, setting permanency plans and objectives, developing and implementing permanency placement strategies and working with birth parents towards reunification / working with relative caregivers toward guardianship or adoption / locating extended family members who can provide a permanent home for youth in care, and ensuring post-permanency planning for stability and longevity of legal permanency.
· In collaboration with Family Group Decision Liaison, coordinates, determines appropriate plan and implements the selected FGC plans. Adds to FGC capacity in Field Office by conducting FGCs as part of overall work assignment.
· Complies with all documentation requirements for internal and external audits of case records. Documents work to inform best practice in expediting permanency in foster care.
· Promotes positive outcomes for youth and families through the development of intensive and comprehensive relationships with each youth, family and the effective management of assigned cases.
· May consult, teach, facilitate groups, and otherwise assist in the advancement of learning of targeted youth, professionals, and families.
· Other duties as assigned
· A Master's Degree in social work plus five years of professional child welfare social service experience, two years of which must have been at the advanced level.
· Broad knowledge of social work practice and clinical theory, including diagnostic and treatment skills in family systems approach, is essential.
· Expertise in the areas of permanency,improved well-being outcomes for youth in care, and family engagement.
· Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook) as well as electronic case management systems required.
· Valuing diversity, cross- cultural practice competence and championing anti-racist issues are a must.
· Local travel required for home visits, meetings with families, and other regularly meetings as well as occasional out of town travel are required. Driving on Casey business may require use of personal vehicle; adherence to vehicle safety guidelines and qualification for insurance is required.
· Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function.
Casey Family Programs - 10 months ago