Calvin Klein, Inc. is one of the leading fashion design and marketing studios in the world. It designs and markets women's and men's designer collection apparel and a range of other products that are manufactured and marketed through an extensive network of licensing agreements and other arrangements worldwide. Brands/lifestyles include Calvin Klein Collection, ck Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein Jeans and Choice Calvin Klein. Product lines under the various Calvin Klein brands include apparel, accessories, shoes, underwear, sleepwear, hosiery, socks, swimwear, eyewear, watches, jewelry, coats, and fragrances, as well as products for the home.
The Public Relations Director – Digital Media will manage and oversee the execution of all digital public relations strategies and promotional campaigns as well as align digital public relations programs to complement the company’s online and offline advertising and marketing strategies.
This position is responsible for providing a wide-range of support to the Global Communications department, to support and extend their PR activities, editorial coverage, celebrity dressing, special events, and other initiatives to digital media platforms. The Public Relations Director – Digital Media will also liase with peers on the Digital Marketing team within the company’s in-house advertising studio to strategize and align initiatives with their programs as appropriate.
Reports to: EVP, Global Communications and VP, Corporate Communications
Supervises: Seasonal intern/s
Other Key Relationships: Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Special Events, Marketing & Advertising, Studio, Production, Legal, CKI International Offices; Domestic & International On-line Media
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB
- Establish social media concepts and initiatives to promote CKI’s brands, products and designers, working with the Digital Marketing team
- Compose and/or edit a variety of types of communications, ranging from multiple daily social media posts and Tweets (external, public-facing) to larger strategies and initiatives (internal) to support the global needs of the brand in an ever changing digital environment
- Responsible for delivering work that is strategically sound and always ensures CKI standards are upheld across multiple platforms
- Develop and oversee branded and editorial content to be posted on CKI’s social media pages – working with our in house Digital Marketing team on assets (editorial, event collateral, advertising)
- Develop and pitch ideas and programs with CKI current or new partners (media outlets, blogs, editors, stylists, tv personalities, etc) to extend CKI’s presence online
- Leverage CKI’s longstanding relationships with writers, designers and photographers to contribute to CKI’s digital platforms
- Maximize and leverage editorial and marketing and advertising collateral materials on CKI’s social media networks working in coordination with PR, e-commerce, and Digital Marketing teams
- Establish and engage an ongoing dialogue with CKI’s social media communities with the voice of the brand
- Appropriate magazine editorial content and create original content (possibly in the form of a blog, behind the scenes coverage, etc) in concert with Digital Marketing team
- Maintain relationships with online writers, bloggers, and personalities to identify online/digital editorial opportunities for CKI
- Launch and maintain CKI corporate/brand and designer profiles on social networking and other online sites to ensure consistent online presence
- Assist with the creation/development of digital presentations and remarks/statements for internal and external presentations and conferences as well as identify speaking opportunities for the appropriate CKI spokespeople
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Five to 7 years of experience in the digital space ideally with a fashion/beauty/fragrance industry focus, and a serious long-term desire to pursue a career in fashion public relations
- Key relationships and proven track record within industry a must
- Bachelor’s degree required
EEO Statement - It is the policy of PVH to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work productively in a fast-paced, creative, collaborative environment, including interface and coordination with in-house advertising agency, and contact with associates and licensees at all levels
- Resourceful, creative and self motivated with strong organizational skills and aptitude for immediately developing a highly organized approach to managing multiple projects, and an ability to quickly absorb the spirit of the Calvin Klein design point of view.
- Must be flexible to adapt to rapidly changing and high pace environment.
- Broad life experience and sharp editorial skills (writing, editing, grammar, proofreading etc.) along with a high-level of creativity which can be channeled into appropriate expression within the Calvin Klein context
- A strong aesthetic sensibility and exposure to/understanding of fashion, photography, architecture, and/or art is required; an easy-going personality is essential as is a poised, friendly demeanor in business-social situations and the personal decision to live and work in a creative context; patience and persistence on a personal level is also essential
PVH has the buttoned-down look all sewn up. A top apparel firm worldwide and key US dress-shirt maker, PVH sells clothes, accessories, and...