AVI-SPL designs, installs and supports technological solutions that help organizations of all types collaborate and communicate effectively -- from video control centers to hospital paging systems to conference rooms equipped for real-time video communications. Headquartered in the U.S., we have a global reach through our alliance with partners around the world. With each project, our goal is making complex, advanced communication solutions that are easy to use by our clients, so that they can focus on the task at hand.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The purpose of the AV Installation Technician is to execute audio/visual systems installation and technical support at client locations; interface with internal clients, external suppliers, and technicians; provide support in a corporate environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute installation of AV equipment, and conference room setups as well as infrastructure prep.
- Assist Project Managers in managing projects as needed
- Fulfill any AV technical support as needed, which could include setup, testing, operation and tear down of audiovisual and video teleconferencing equipment.
- Provide basic consultation to clients for AV and Conference Room services.
- Maintain conference room integrity through appropriate equipment/cable management and standard Conference Room Maintenance procedures. Escalate housekeeping and infrastructure issues to appropriate parties. Keep rooms in good working order. Ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Maintain understanding or current and new technology.
- Provide assistance in the site survey, installation, coordination, information of any AV equipment and job at location as assigned by Field Installation Lead.
- Data entry - enter orders into scheduling system and billing systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires understanding of audio/visual technology, business, office procedures and the ability to adhere to policies and procedures. Must be computer literate with experience using MS Office Suite and databases. The ability to multitask with attention to detail is crucial. The AV technician must be technically astute and willing to learn new technologies. This position is for a self-starter, someone who is able to work with a group as well as individually, in a corporate environment. Effective and efficient quality of work is required. This position may expose the individual to a great deal of confidential information.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two-year degree in business, communications or office professional preferred.
- One to three years experience in customer service.
- One to three years experience in AV/videoconferencing support, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Installation and Audio Visual experience necessary
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
AVI-SPL wants to win the eyes and ears of its clients. The company designs and installs videoconferencing systems and integrated multimedia...