Perform and report mechanical, electrical and environmental laboratory tests according to prescribed standards.
This position reports directly to the Test Lab Manager. This position will work closely with Test Lab Manager, engineers, inspectors, assembly and plant personnel.
Key Result Area:
Testing 60%; Documentation 20%; Analysis 10%; Team Support 10%.
1. Set up, adjust and operate laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
2. Test product or materials to applicable standards.
3. Evaluate products which includes disassembling, measuring and documenting results
4. Perform complex tests according to prescribed procedures, record test results on standardized forms, and write test reports describing procedures used.
5. Gather data and organize test reports.
6. Operate and maintain laboratory equipment, chemicals, and supplies including inventory responsibilities.
7. Performs duties and responsibilities as described in the corporate quality system.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by Test Lab Manager
- Skills or experience with pneumatic control systems, hydraulic control systems, electronic programming systems, Lab View programming and PLC programming preferred
- Skills or experience with personal computers, including electronic E-mail, word processing and electronic spreadsheet skills
- Knowledge of ANSI/BHMA standards preferred
- Knowledge of ASTM/ testing procedures preferred
- Basic math skills required, advanced math skills preferred
- Ability to listen well
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written required
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills required
- Knowledge of UL testing procedures preferred
- Minimum 3rd year of Under Graduate school in the field of Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Quality Orientation
- Work Standards
- Safety Awareness
- Contributing to Team Success
- Continuous Learning
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, and feel.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, climb and balance.
- Must be able to verbally communicate via telephone.
- Must be able to manipulate a computer keyboard
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have good vision with the ability to adjust to focus, with close vision.
- Must have color vision and depth perception.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history...