According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and local regulations and under the general supervision of the Facility Rehabilitation Manager, the purpose of this position is to supervise, provide and direct therapy rehabilitation services in compliance with company and facility policies and procedures. A review of performance will be conducted on a yearly basis. Physical Therapist
Assistants will be supervised by a PT, will carry out treatment plans as established by the PT, and will have all documentation signed by the PT.
• The PTA is responsible for the treatment for residents who demonstrate disorders of musculoskeletal deficiencies, neurological conditions, balance disorders, and transfer/gait deficits. Treatment will only be conducted in accordance with the rules of the Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers Board of the State of Ohio and the Ohio Revised Code, Chapter 4755.
• The PTA, under the direction of the PT, is responsible for the screening of residents of the facility as follows:
New/Re-admission facility residents: Within 24 hours of admission
Long term residents: At least quarterly, upon receipt of a “significant change” form and/or referral from nursing.
• The PTA is responsible for the completion of all necessary documentation, which includes but is not limited to the following items (All documentation will be co-signed by the PT):
Daily Billing Record
Daily Clinical Notes
Weekly Progress Notes
All other required forms as designated by the facility and Facility Rehabilitation Manager
• The PTA will maintain progressive knowledge of the physical therapy field, attending related in-services and continuing education programs.
• The PTA is responsible for attending all required facility meetings and in-services, including Medicare meetings, patient staffings, family meetings, care plans.
• The PTA will in cooperation with the Facility Rehabilitation Manager/Regional Rehabilitation Manager, develop programs appropriate to the needs of the residents in the facility, to assist them in achieving their highest feasible level of functioning.
• The PTA will assist the facility in meeting the standards necessary to obtain state, federal, and other appropriate certifications.
• The PTA will employ and follow all appropriate facility infection control policies and procedures and will respect and follow OBRA Resident’s Rights Guidelines.
• The PTA is responsible for the appropriate scheduling of residents on caseload in addition to all required inservices and meetings to meet department productivity standard of at least 80%.
• The PTA is responsible for the scheduling and completing of in-services for facility staff education.
• The PTA will present her/himself in a professional manner at all times including professional conduct, professional communication, and appropriate dress while in the facility.
• Adhere to departmental and facility policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned by the Facility Rehabilitation Manager, Regional Rehabilitation Manager, and facility.
Experience: Some preferred to one year.
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
National Church Residences - 20 months ago
National Church Residences is a not-for-profit 501(C)(3) corporation committed to excellence that transforms the lives of the...