The Digital Analytics Manager is responsible determining what is driving the growth in visits to Sears.com and SYW.com (Shop Your Way) as well as potential partner sites through innovative Search Engine Analytics (SEM) initiatives. The incumbent will help shape and execute SEM/SEO strategies both at a local and national level. |
- Manages the development and implementation of off-site Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Analytics (SEM), shopping engine and affiliate strategies by coordinating cross-disciplinary groups from all areas of the business
- Manages and develops strategy and implementation for all campaigns at the product level to drive revenue.
- Manages the fulfillment of retargeting and banner strategies to drive additional lead flow and brand awareness, lead generation and e-commerce sales
- Optimizes keyword account, including, but not limited to Cost per Lead analysis and day parting analysis in order to maintain ad ratio goals by channel
- Works with the research and web development group on making improvements to the overall site
- Develops and implements all A/B or Multi-Variate testing and defining creative requirements for landing page or site testing
- Measures and Maintains ad copy test grid for increased Click Through Rates (CTR) and Cost Per Lead (CPL)
- Sets and exceeds individual and team quarterly and annual goals for analytics performance, output, operational efficiencies, campaign optimization and analytics process rigor
- Plans, forecasts, analyzes and optimally manages the multi-million dollar Pay-Per-Click and Pay for Inclusion search engine analytics budget
- Manages digital vendors to optimize rates, placement strategies and contracts and oversees negotiations
- Maintains strong communication with internal departments and ensures that program strategies, plans and results are communicated
- Uses industry best practices and knowledge in the arena of digital analytics to drive greater conversion at lower costs
- Uses available system and manpower resources to optimize the process and performance of digital analytics
- Manages the financial planning, tracking and analysis of campaign data both on-going and historical. Supports the creation of year-end budget and setting of revenue targets. Works as a team with the Creative and Analytics optimization on the site
- Performs other duties as assigned
• MS or MA in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics or other related fields with emphasis in quantitative methods. Advanced degree is desired.
• Good working knowledge of Omniture and/or Adobe Audience Manager data
• 2 – 5 years prior professional digital analytics is required.
• 2 years of experience in retail analytics environment is desired.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to build Excel-based reporting.
• Communication skills: Ability to summarize information and succinctly communicate analyses verbally and in writing. Ability to effectively present information and interact with senior management.
• Competent in structural business process/workflow design analysis, project management and performance improvement experience. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with a focus on root cause and subsequent resolution.
• Research and report formatting skills and ability to perform basic analytic models.
• Must have working knowledge of query tools (SAS, SQL, Excel tools, Web Analytics, and MS Access)
2 - 5 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Masters Level Degree
Sears Holdings Corp. - 17 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...