Garces MiguelHewlett-Packard is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. The HP Enterprise Services delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to HP Enterprise Services area for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
We are currently looking for a
RedHat Systems Engineer
to work in
San Diego CA.
The candidate who fills this position will be a full time employee of HP supporting our COSC (formerly NMCI) contract.
Specific Job Duties Include:
- Manage Relationships with internal and external customers
- For Mission Critical Customers, provide proactive and some reactive services. Customers may include high level ranking officials within the military.
- Superior Customer relationship building skills that help move from transactional relationship to long-term relationship
- Ensure high level Customer satisfaction by clarifying Customer needs and ensuring they are met.
- Monitor performance and define corrective action plans.
- Provide system input, hardening scripts.
- Provide service delivery of UNIX and Linux Servers/operating system design and support.
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients
- Manages administrative and technical support for local Server Lab.
- Prevent unplanned outages or data loss by proactively planning for risk mitigation.
- Handle Customer-relation problems promptly and appropriately, provide guidance, escalate issues according to established procedures.
- Secure ITIL knowledge/certification with the ability to communicate business and IT alignment value.
- Maximizing systems availability as a technical specialist highly trained in heterogeneous data center environments
- Provide system design and test cases
- Create technical documents and test cases
- Skilled in written and verbal communications
- Works well as an individual contributor or valuable team member
Qualified candidates will possess at least 3 years’ experience with UNIX or Linux based operating systems in an enterprise environment. The ideal candidate will be well versed in enterprise design, vendor and administrative best practices, and demonstrate experience working well with teams to develop Enterprise based solutions.
In addition, the candidate we hire will provide a broad knowledge of corporate policies, products, markets and processes, as well as an understanding of business management principles and practices. This person will provide leadership and coaching to junior personnel.
United States-California-San Diego
Nov 15, 2013
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...