GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY This individual will provide database designs, integration and maintenance of complex enterprise databases in conjunction with application development and operational support teams. Additionally they will maintain database backups, logs, journals, recovery systems, database migration and archiving systems and procedures. Other responsibilities will include maintaining availability and integrity of databases, sharing of common data, overseeing proper key and index management and data dictionary maintenance, and upgrading software. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and monitoring of the Company's database system. Ensures system availability, usability, and survivability. Manages reporting systems and develops policies and procedures in regards to security, backup schedules, restoration, and general development. Supports team members and ensures that established deadlines and client needs are met.
Keeps management well informed of area activities. Incumbent oversees the development of mid-size systems. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES · Install Oracle database, iAS, EM and other related software. · Perform upgrades of Oracle software and deploy Oracle CPUs.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS 1. Database administration functions are performed effectively and in accordance with established policies and procedures. 2. Programmers and end users are well supported.
- Deploy patches to the Banner Application Software. · Participate in complex system maintenance tasks. · Responsible for backup configuration, scheduling, and system recovery. · Clone copies of production database to staging, QA and development environments.
- Deploy and maintain high availability systems. · Responsible for system security. · Performance tuning. · Research and troubleshoot Oracle related software issues.
- Investigate and provide information to technical and project leads about database utilities, features, and limitations. · Support MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server databases. · Work with vendors on product upgrade, maintenance, and support. · Perform routine administrative tasks.
- Attend and participate in team meetings. · Provide support to systems programmers and department staff. · Be available as needed for on call rotation and after hours maintenance and emergencies. · Assist in the analysis and purchase decisions of vendor products.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) issues to appropriate staff and customers. · Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained. · Performs miscellaneous projects as assigned. · Updates technical skills as required.
Information needs are consistently met or exceeded. 3. Server maintenance is effective and timely. 4.
Good working relations exist with Information Technology and Company personnel. 5. Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems. 6.
Required reports and documents are generated accurately and timely. REQUIRED SKILLS · High volume OLTP databases. · Performance and system monitoring. · PL-SQL scripting and optimization.
- RMAN. · Proficiency with Linux OS and shell scripting. · Familiarity with high availability solutions such as Data Guard. · Familiarity with Toad software.
- Familiarity with network communications, client-server technologies, and SAN technologies. · Preference for experience with MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server databases. · Oracle RAC · SunGard Banner Application software experience. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION · Five years of recent experience as a working DBA supporting Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or MySQL with Oracle 10g and 11gR2 software.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related field.
Nationjob.com - 2 years ago