POSITION: Portfolio Administration Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer
JOB SUMMARY: Oversees Trading for Hanlon Investment Management .
K NOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Receives orders for purc hase or sale of secu rities from Research Department.
- Oversees daily trading activities of the firm.
- Oversees bulk trading activities of the firm.
- Contacts custodians to execute and confirm customer orders on a daily and bulk trade basis.
- Reviews all securities transactions to ensure that trades conform to pertinent laws and regulations.
- Mai ntains accounts according to clients allocation .
- Oversees liquidation requests for distribution and money movements.
- Oversees client requested allocation changes .
- Run, review and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports .
- Researches and resolves trade problems.
- D evelop and review s depart ment procedures and polices
- Ensures that trades are placed accurately and strives for low error rate.
- Must be able to fill for a trader(s) when the department is short staff
- Responsible for department members performance reviews
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills and experience in the financial services industry
- Demonstrates k nowledge of bonds, equities, ETFs and mutual funds
- Demonstrates k nowledge of Variable Annuities and Variable Universal Life products
- Experience trading mutual funds required
- Experience trading equities and ETFs required
- Demonstrates knowledge of ETF creation and redemption process
- Proficient in Math
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Logical thinker
- Possess es strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage personnel in a high pressure atmosphere is must.
- Operations/Back office experience preferred
- Technology background a plus
- Ability to communicate with S r . management in both oral and written forms .
- Detail oriented is a must to be able to review 1000’s of trades and be able to spot anything that does not look correct .
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Use of the utmost discretion in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to communicate trading technology needs to development tea m in both oral and written forms
- Strong people skills and presentation skills
- Work in high stress, detail oriented environment
- Management experienced required
- Proficiency with MS Office Suit e
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their know n limitations. If accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
- Ability to work indoors at a desk for extended periods of time
- Ability to ascend and descend a set of stairs
- Ability to lift and carry 10-20 pounds as needed.
- Listen, talk, interact, and effectively communicate with other employees, supervisors and outside contacts
- Standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time
- Use of phone and/or computer for extended periods of time
- Bending, reaching and twisting in the performance of daily job functions
- Seeing, reading, writing, utilizing a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer implements
- Ability to work a set schedule consistent with job and/or business needs
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Economics preferred
Experience: 8-10 years Fi nancial Services/Operations/Back Office/Trading