Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC is recruiting for Casual Room Service Attendants for its Oakland location. Candidates for this position can expect to work rotating shifts (anywhere between 6:00 AM until 11:30 PM).
The Room Service Attendant is responsible for working on the tray line, preparing trays in the kitchen, and also taking patient trays to their rooms, while providing excellent customer service. Recruitment for this position is ongoing.
- Creates a welcome environment for the patient and family.
- Supports nursing in the distribution of menus to appropriate patients and in the instruction of the meal ordering system.
- Provides assistance to patients in selecting menu items based on personal preferences/health conditions; assists with monitoring missed meals.
- Performs the final assembly and delivers patient meal trays and nourishments in a timely manner.
- Checks all trays for presentation and accuracy according to diet order, menu, and modifications for patient specific requests.
- Serves patients with courtesy using the designated departmental script and in compliance with the verification of the patient identification and hand hygiene.
- Provides set-up assistance and follow-up care to patients regarding meal service requests.
- Adheres to prescribed safety, sanitation of assigned work areas.
- Works effectively as a team member; communicates and cooperates with others to assure a quality meal delivery system.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer services; consistently applies all principles of the customer service training.
- High school graduate or equivalent, required
- Previous customer relations experience of at least 1 year is required
- Prior knowledge of therapeutic diets/food service systems preferred
- Customer service experience in hospitality field preferred
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 18 months ago
UPMC is a $10 billion global health enterprise with more than 55,000 employees headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is transforming health...