Certified Nursing Assistant - Medical/Surgical Unit - Full Time - Days
Springs Memorial Hospital, a 231-bed, all-private, acute-care facility, is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and certified by the American Heart Association as a "Get With the Guidelines" facility. It is a progressive, community-oriented organization offering such services as 24-hour emergency care, acute care, skilled nursing (14-bed unit), physical and occupational therapy, chemical dependency treatment, heart catheterization, intensive care (10-bed unit), coronary care (10-bed unit) and women and children's services. The medical staff of 124 physicians represents 34 specialties. Our facility is conveniently located in historic Lancaster, South Carolina - 30 miles from Charlotte, NC, and three hours from the beaches of South Carolina and the mountains of North Carolina.
The Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse to adult and geriatric patients.
Function of the CNA is to correctly obtain vital signs, bathing, feeding, toileting patients as needed. Use proper body mechanics when transferring patients, moderate lifting with proper use of mechanical lifts. Able to sit, stand or walk for varying lengths of time.
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Medical / Surgical Unit
- Currently registered as a Certified Nurse Assistant in
; must be current in the Nurse Aide Registry
- Must have current BLS certification
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with patients, families, physicians, and co-workers.
- Ability to answer multi-line telephones and relay accurate messages.
- Maintain logs and patient charts.
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks at one time.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to input and retrieve information from the computer.
- Demonstrates professional attitude and dress.
SC-Lancaster (Charlotte, NC region)
Springs Memorial Hospital
Forecasted paid hours per shift
Forecasted hours per pay week
Community Health Systems
- 2 years ago - save job