Scope of Position:|
The Manufacturing Material Expediter reports to the Focus Factory Operations Planning and Logistics Manager and is responsible for ensuring all materials required for scheduled production are ordered and received in a timely manner. This position works very closely with the plant production planners to understand all future production schedules. Material availability must be evaluated and supply ensured. In addition, the Materials Expediter maintains outside vendor relations. A Material Expeditor's career path offers opportunities into a Planner role as well as both build your skills and broaden your business perspective.
- Manage inventory coverage on raw and packaging supply inventories
- Place orders and schedule deliveries for all focus factory raw and packaging materials.
- Reviews master production schedules to determine possible shortages.
- Manage material changes and transitions.
- Evaluate potential improvements in economic order quantities to gain total Supply Chain improvements
- Participate on the Vendor Continuous Improvement Teams representing the Supply Chain Team.
- Support plant initiatives through involvement of activities/functions outside of Materials Planning.
- Assists with line scheduling and specific product/line planning
- Manage slow moving and obsolete inventory
Understanding of Supply Chain principles.
SAP knowledge and experience
Strong analytical skills
Strong excel experience/skills.
Experience planning in a Manufacturing environment.