Contract Specialist must give presentations to architects, designers, and end-users to educate them on the flooring industry and how Patcraft can benefit them on their projects. Additionally, he or she must continually prospect for viable new accounts while developing a key awareness of what is happening within their geographic area.
Contract Specialist must implement the selling process in his/her area; they must have the ability to make good judgment decisions. A full understanding of the product line is essential. Furthermore, an understanding of the application that each product serves is critical. The ability to interface/communicate with a diverse group of customers in a friendly and respectable manner is a must. The ideal candidate will possess a flexible personality and be able to communicate clearly to other persons, both orally and in written form.
- Daily sales calls on existing customers.
- Characteristics to include honesty, integrity, hard work, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Work with architects, designers, flooring contractors, end users, contractors, etc. to select appropriate products for their projects that fit within their design criteria, budget and time frame.
- Travel daily throughout assigned area to call on existing customers and prospect new customers to solicit business.
- Manage project from inception to completion including identifying opportunity, product selection, specification, order placement, order tracking, delivery coordination, installation oversight, punch walk/ claim coordination( if necessary), and communication of maintenance program.
- Must be motivated and comfortable working and supporting a closely knit team environment.
- Must be able and competent to work with and manage customer base thru CRM ( Customer Relationship Management) tool such as Salesforce.com
- Follow up on a variety of leads from sources such as Dodge, CoStar, networking groups
- Build relationships with existing and new customers by entertaining such as lunches, dinners or special events.
High School Diploma/GED and 5 years
previous industry sales experience required.
Candidate already living within or familiar with the territory.
Commercial flooring experience preferred.
New end use business development skills are preferred.
Shaw Industries, Inc. designs and manufactures approximately 1,800 styles of tufted and woven carpet for residential and commercial use...