The entry-level Product Order Engineer [Associate] I is responsible for completing the bill-of-materials for customer orders that are not supported by the standard product offering and extensively reviewing all components on an order to ensure form, fit, and function requirements are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete an extensive component level order review to ensure correct pressures and temperatures (ANSI seat leak rates, valve stem loads and shaft torque limits), correct actuator sizing, and correct functioning of accessories.
- Through guided interaction work with appropriate Sales Engineering, Product Engineering, or Local Business Partners (LBPs) to select other components if form, fit, and function requirements are not met.
- Accurately translate order bill of material information and prepare manufacturing structure using engineering masters and unique part numbers.
- Ensure order accurately captures material descriptions as related to valve components.
- Confirm correct nameplate data and valve tag data based on valve structure.
- Confirm material combinations from product knowledge/experience for special order constructions.
- Investigate, analyze and document “Fix” (warranty claim) reports.
- Provide a high level of ownership of completed work through the production process to include fielding and answering manufacturing or assembly product structure issues or questions.
Education / Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or closely related discipline. Associate’s degree in a technical discipline with experience in a highly mechanical/design/technology focused role considered.
Fisher training to be completed within year 1:
- Valve Engineering Tech course
- Valve Engineering I course
- Order work flow and assembly through two weeks training in manufacturing
- On-the-job training
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and visualization skills
- Strong understanding of ANSI (American National Standards Institute) pressure temperature tables to apply knowledge to valve pressure boundary components (includes body, bonnet, seal protector ring and bolting)
- Ability to learn and understand Fisher engineering standards to confirm valve stem loads and shaft torques limits have not been exceeded
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret dimensional drawings
- Ability to prioritize work load based on product structure complexity
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively work in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems
- Demonstrated ability and desire to uphold a high-level of customer service standards
- Strong personal computing skills with basic Microsoft Windows application knowledge
- Ability to learn and apply Fisher tools such as engineering masters, order processing system (OPS) / Oracle, PRIME for drawings, work manager for CODT engineering requirements, materials consultant, FisherFirst 2.0, and Symphony to complete job duties
To apply for this job opening please click here.
Additional Company Information
Fisher Controls International LLC, an Emerson Process Management business is the largest control valve manufacturer in the world. Industry standard products as well as an emphasis on product research and testing enables the development of new Fisher® control valves to solve production, processing, and distribution needs for the following major industries: chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, mining and metals, food and beverage, and pharmaceutical.
For more information please visit www.fisher.com .
A career with the Emerson Process Management, Fisher business provides an excellent benefits package which, based on location, may include the following benefits: medical, prescription drug and dental plans; vision; 401k with company match; pension plan; company paid life, AD&D, and travel insurance; educational assistance in form of tuition reimbursement; short-term and long-term disability plans; matching gift program; wellness incentive program; and generous holiday and vacation plans.
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...