Job Code: 3292812
The New York League for Early Learning, a member of the YAI Network, provides early intervention and special education for children birth to 5 with developmental disabilities and learning delays, including children on the autism spectrum. NYL has been recognized by the NYS Department of Education for its excellence in providing comprehensive services in preschools, home-based and community-based programs.
Be rewarded with a friendly working environment that facilitates open communication and participatory management, where you are truly valued as a professional and where your opinion really matters. Receive on-going state-of-the-art training, supportive supervision and a commitment to developing your education and career to help you reach your greatest potential as a professional!
Proud recipients of the following awards:
- APA National Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award by the American Psychological Association
- #1 Best Company to Work For in New York Award by the New York State Society for Human Resource Management (NYS SHRM)
- #1 Not-for Profit “Crain’s Best Places to Work in New York City” by Crain’s New York Business
New York League for Early Learning, a member of the YAI Network, has a Part-Time Occupational Therapist position available at one of our preschools located in College Point, Queens.
- Provide Occupational Therapy to assigned children
- Evaluate and monitor progress of assigned children in the areas of gross motor, fine motor, perceptual and self help development
- Maintain proper documentation of evaluation, treatment session and progress of children
- Prepare Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and update as necessary
- Provide consultation regarding positioning, fine motor, sensory development and feeding
- Assist in orthotics, podiatry and adaptive clinics when necessary
- Maintain open communication with parents and families
Please apply online below. For more information about the YAI Network, visit our website at www.yai.org . EOE
- BS/BA Degree from accredited school, recognized by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- New York State OT License
- Pediatric Experience mandatory
YAI/National Institute for People with Disabilities - 2 years ago
The YAI National Institute for Disabilities Network (YAI/NIPD) serves developmentally and learning-disabled people and their families...