Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor), is the leading manufacturer and wholesaler of prescription lenses in the United States.
We currently have a Senior National Account Manager, Key Accounts career opportunity at our Dallas, TX location. Customer based, national coverage, annual overnight travel 25%.
The Senior National Account Manager is the key liaison between Essilor and the assigned Hybrid Key Account customers. This strategic position is responsible for all communications, interactions and day to day activities with hybrid accounts (retail / managed care organizations) required to grow the business through flawless execution and customer satisfaction. The successful candidate is an experienced business consultant, comfortable working with major customers at all levels of the account. Activities are centered around being a true and holistic valued added resource to the assigned customers include satisfying customer product/service requests, training needs, technical support, and execution of product incentives at the store level. This position will drive the organization to improve business processes, product and service deployment, sales operations, planning and resource allocation, and overall customer satisfaction.
This position will integrate in every aspect of the customer’s business to bring value both with products and services. Essential areas of responsibility will include:
- Strategic account management
- Strategic planning & business planning
- Program management & leadership
- Supply chain management & coordination
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Builds and reviews business plans that are based on knowledge of the industry, emerging customer needs, and Essilor offerings that provide a forward looking view of the next 1-3 years
- Partners with customers and internal stakeholders at all levels, with a high degree of efficiency and effectiveness, to identify and implement product/promotion solutions, develop and execute product/service training, and maximize the customer experience.
- Uses standard KPIs to measure and continuously improve performance
- Leads and is responsible for customer negotiations in conjunction with the Account Director. Prepares all appropriate inputs including product, price, service, or technology and implement agreed upon outcomes
- Builds supporting financial analysis for business plans and leads the management/qualification of risks and opportunities to drive the business plan
- Owns and maintains unit revenue and gross margin within established plans
- Primary business contact, servicing approximately 1-2 customers with a large number of locations and dynamic business needs, Ensure the highest level of customer experience on each and every engagement
- Actively seeks competitive intelligence through interact with assigned customers; assists retail and managed care business units by accumulating competitive information
- Integrate with customers to determine the best way to add value to customer processes and profitability in conjunction with Essilor goals
- Proactively integrate with business program manager(s) to ensure alignment between customer and internal processes, systems, and goals.
- Execute all aspects of vendor meetings and trade shows
- Facilitate the customer budgeting and forecasting process and reviews
- Uses various tools and reports to track and manage results
- Develop corporate contacts and cultivate relationships at all levels, leading to incremental business
- Satisfy all day to day customer requests including, but not limited to, billing issues, range charts, price sheets/maintenance, fitting charts, technical data/comparisons, and bar coding.
- Monitor and impact customer satisfaction on an on-going basis anticipating and addressing customer issues proactively, resolve issues in a timely manner and use these opportunities to build a stronger relationship
- Maintains broad knowledge of Essilor’s products and capabilities versus the strengths/weaknesses of competitive products
- Conducts analysis to make pricing recommendations
- Perform monthly updates with Retail Sales Director to detail the progress and success of the various customer activities and initiatives
- Bachelors Degree and MBA required
- 3+ years sales or customer service experience required
- Proven ability to effectively negotiate with customers
- Proven track record of understanding customer value and satisfying customer requirements
- Experience facilitating and leading working sessions with internal and external stakeholders and executives to successfully drive value adding results
- Proven ability to lead and maintain teams without direct supervisorial control
- Experience creating and executing to strategic business plans
- Experienced working and thriving within a Lean Six Sigma environment
- Optical industry experience preferred
- Proven project management skills with multiple, complex projects, PMP Certification Preferred
- Proven track record of analytical and time management skills
- Experience in end-to-end Operations Management including Supply Chain planning and quality management preferred
- Highly developed and effective verbal and written communication skills
- PC Proficiency required - Microsoft Office Suites - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Travel required up to 25%