Java & Rails Developer 1
United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Ruby on Rails Developer 1
Northrop Grumman Information Systems, a leading global provider of advanced solutions for its military, intelligence, civilian, state, local, and commercial customers, is currently seeking a Ruby on Rails Programmer to join our team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will act as a key contributor for software development by coding and testing software based-upon software specifications and designs.
Candidates will also be responsible for the following:
- Responsible as a Programmer for a development effort
ake decisions in both designing and writing the code, specifically in the areas of interfaces, methods, and databases
- Will have latitude in deciding the technical methods used in order to write the code so that it can be successful in testing and implementation
- Interpreting and formulating SW code that will be analyzed and provide information to the user
- Work with team to review backlog tasks for sprint planning
- Work with team to apply time estimates to backlog tasks
- Work with team leads and government leads for direction
- Work with customers if necessary to implement tasks
- Represent team as needed to interface with government leads, customers and end users at meetings, briefings and demonstrations
- Utilize suggested COTS/GOTS as alternatives to coding from ground up
- Meet with sub-system developers, clarify user requirements, perform design, containers and bundles as they are defined
- Implement changes to code, scripts and configurations for new development, bug fixes, enhancements, and installs using best practices
- Capable of working in a fast-pace, agile development environment
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent, documented combination of training and work experience
- 1 year working software efforts, occasional user contact, providing user driven solutions.
Experience performing software tasks including detailed design, requirements analysis and implementation
- Experience performing hands-on software development, utilizing good coding standards and practices, configuration management processes, meeting test criteria, and well documented deliverables
- Experience using problem tracking tools, baseline management tools, and requirements capture tools
- Prior experience interpreting customer needs and transform them into code that functions for short and long-term objectives of the customer
- Experience providing technical design, test plans, and assistance with validation and deployment
- Experience using discretion in how to develop software within the scope of the project’s requirements
- Experience in a few of the same or similar technologies:
- JAVA, J2EE, JMX, JMS, JSP Servlets, JSF
- Web Services: XML, SOAP (WSDL), Schema (XSD)
- WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Apache Server
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- 1 year experience with Ruby on Rails.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 20 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...