Tradition, Professionalism, Excellence.
Founded in 1993, Franklin American Mortgage Company is a privately-held mortgage banking firm headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee. One of the nation’s largest and fastest growing Mortgage companies, we strive to find talented, service oriented professionals committed to excellence for our traditional, values based, organization. Current opportunities include:
National Underwriting Manager
Overview: Franklin American Mortgage Company is looking for a qualified, professional individual to join our Wholesale team. The primary function of this position is to provide overall direction to Regional Underwriting Managers to ensure the effectiveness and soundness of credit decisions. The National Underwriting Manager will collaborate, develop and maintain relationships with Regional Underwriting Managers, Sales Management, Operations Management, Corporate Risk, Compliance, Product Development, Investor Relations and Quality Assurance to assist in the development of efficient operating processes and procedures, with the quality of underwriting decisions being the primary consideration. The development of all underwriting staff is a key component in the quality of decision making.
- Ensure that all Regional Underwriting Managers are informed and held accountable for prevailing policies and procedures.
- Accountable for Quality Assurance findings and implementation of controls required as a result of the audit.
- Recognize gaps and recommend changes to underwriting processes and requirements in an effort to achieve consistency in each Wholesale Operations Center and improve decision quality.
- Manage the creation of development training for underwriters and underwriting managers based on needs identified by Quality Assurance, changes in policy and any other needs in order to ensure consistency, quality and efficiency in underwriting.
- Approve and maintain individual underwriting authority levels.
- Regularly conduct visits to Regional Operation Centers.
- Establish and maintain a daily support system for routine questions and approval of exceptions to ensure flow of production.
- Act as representative for Wholesale underwriting in meetings with investors, mortgage insurance companies or others when requested by Senior Management.
- Manage IT system changes related to Wholesale Underwriting including development of requirements, testing and implementation.
- Manage the communication of policy, procedure, system changes and any other underwriting related topics through email, bulletins or newsflashes.
- Manage broker and loan related risk by attending monthly BARM meetings, review of Special Investigation Reporting and review of FHA Credit Watch recommendations.
- Monitor industry, Agency and FAMC changes in order to ensure Wholesale underwriting is in compliance with industry standards
- Represent Wholesale in Credit Policy meetings. This includes presenting sales requests, identification of current trends or issues in underwriting and making recommendations of credit policy changes for Wholesale based with approval by EVP, Wholesale Operations
What we need from you:
- Bachelor Degree preferred but may accept equivalent residential mortgage underwriting experience.
- Eight or more years underwriting experience with thorough knowledge of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac and FHA/VA/USDA requirements.
- Minimum of five years management or equivalent experience
- Must have Direct Endorsement status from HUD and VA SAR authority
- Knowledge of Agency guidelines, documents and terminology, including automated underwriting authority
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong human and technical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent documentation, organization and analytical skills
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Must work effectively in a fast pace environment with low tolerance for error
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Effectively lead employees in both an onsite location and offsite Operations Center locations
- Work outside of the standard business day may be required
- Travel is required
Why Franklin American for you?
- Salary commensurate with experience
- We offer comprehensive benefits including:
- Prescription Plan
- Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly pay
- 401(k) with company match
- Professional work environment and dress code
- On site workout facilities
- Excellent technology support
- Solid company growth – opportunities for advancement
- Sorry – there is no relocation package available for this position
- We do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters/agencies
Franklin American Mortgage is committed to providing consistent service and support, and is quickly becoming the preferred lender of choice for mortgage professionals throughout the industry. FAMC provides a host of diverse, flexible mortgage packages for customers with a variety of backgrounds and needs, and is committed to helping families and individuals achieve the dream of home ownership through its three divisions: retail, wholesale and correspondent.
For more information about the company and its services, please go to www.franklinamerican.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 17 months ago
Founded in 1994, Franklin American Mortgage Company (FAMC), a privately-held mortgage banking firm located in Franklin, Tennessee, is a...