1. As part of a cross-functional technical team, designs and develops innovative product solutions for commercial customer applications. Successfully delivers manufacturable product concepts that add value to the customer.
2. Works closely with the Global Sales team and Applications Engineering to clearly understand market and application requirements. Participates in customer visits to ensure successful value-added solutions. Translates customer needs into innovative new product designs.
3. Together with the Product Development team, develops new thermo-formed products, improves the thermo-compression process, and selects materials to be used in new thermo-formed product designs.
4. Assists with process development, to rapidly deliver product concepts into commercial production.
5. Manages tooling design and acquisition of tools from vendors. Ensures tools meet design requirements.
6. Ensures proper documentation of the concept development stage, including product definition, concept descriptions, lessons learned, Intellectual Property disclosures, and materials specifications.
7. Supports product designs after global production has launched.
8. Supports global technology development activities, by actively participating in idea generation sessions and advanced technology explorations.
9. Champions team efforts from product conception through commercialization.
1. Must excel within a team environment.
2. Must passionately champion new product and process concepts.
3. Must be an innovative problem solver and analytical thinker.
4. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
6. Some travel is required.
7. BS Degree in materials science, mechanical engineering, non-wovens or related technical discipline required
8. Five years thermo-forming experience required, preferably with tooling design experience.
9. Nonwovens thermo-forming experience a plus.
10. CAD experience a plus.
For Federal-Mogul, the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. The company makes components used in cars, trucks, and...