GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
This position requires experience with Medical Event Reporting Systems, LDAP and HL7
The Senior Software Engineer will
- Participate in the prototype, specification, design, development, testing, and maintenance of systems or subsystems using a combination of proprietary and off-the-shelf (hardware and software) components.
- Require the knowledge and interpersonal skills necessary to interface and integrate existing healthcare information technology products for the purpose of improving clinician workflow and patient quality of life.
- The Senior Software Engineer will also be responsible for working with key technical leaders from across the Performance Solutions business in driving innovative software solutions and to deploy key solutions.
- Further the engineer will interface with team members, participate in technical reviews, generate formal presentations, develop code and design solutions besides documenting the same.
Excellent knowledge of Enterprise and Application Architecture & Design [All layers of a J2EE application]
Excellent knowledge of Core Java (1.5/1.6), J2EE, Frameworks like Struts (1.x/2.x), Spring (2.x/3.x), Hibernate (2.x/3.x), EJB, JPA.
Excellent knowledge of proper coding principals: following company coding guidelines, knowledge of secure coding best practices (OWASP Top-10), and proper code documentation.
Excellent knowledge of the tools to support proper J2EE development, version control, and integrated build systems: Eclipse, MyEclipse, FindBugs, CVS, SVN, Git, Maven, and Jenkins/Hudson.
Excellent knowledge in unit testing using JUnit and mockup frameworks.
Experience in developing Java code to properly access databases and secure coding principals for database access.
Experience in Agile development practices: Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Scrum.
Experience in XML technologies and in XML parsing using tools such as JAXB, JIBX, XMLBeans, etc.
Experience in WebServices using SOAP and RESTful frameworks.
Experience in Unix/Linux environment for development, deployment and tuning.
Desired experience in additional tools like: Jira, Confluence, Green Hopper, and HP Qualify Center.
Nice to have experience hands-on development in OSGi, Velocity, Ext-Js and GWT.
Nice to have experience in designing (High Level & Low Level) for J2EE applications using UML and various J2EE/OO Design patterns meeting performance, security requirements
Nice to have experience in JMS, MQ Messaging and Java Web Services using AXIS, JAX-WS, etc.
Nice to have experience with application servers such as Tomcat and JBoss, etc. (High Availability solutions)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
2. At least 10 years of experience in product development/delivery
3. Experience with agile development and release methodology
4. Experience with n-tier, SaaS or cloud based products
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 12 months ago
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...