As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
As member of the contractor's Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M) team, the primary duties include reviewing Security Assessment Reports (SAR), developing POA&M Tables, documenting and monitoring IT weaknesses, and collaborating with key points of contacts to remediate system vulnerabilities to ensure security compliance with DHS policies. Provide Cyber Security Support for USCIS GSSs and MAs.
The specific support will include ST&E and POA&M management activities compliant with the current editions of NIST 800-53, NIST 800-63-1, NIST 800-115, and NIST 800-70 guidance, as well as DHS and USCIS policies and procedures. This support will encompass the following:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Review system documentation to include C&A artifacts, recent audit findings, and recent incident reports.
- Create plans and schedules.
- Provide POA&M oversight and management of USCIS information systems
- Assist in the identification of remediation for open POA&M and the development of waivers, exceptions and accepted risk.
- Write test summaries and problem reports
- Apply approved technical approaches to testing to ensure that systems and applications are evaluated in an analytical and systematic manner
- Write test plans and test analysis summaries
REQUIRED SKILLS: Candidates must have proficient writing and communication skills, as well as technical expertise in security related issues. Candidates must be knowledgeable of FISMA Compliance (NIST Guidance and DHS related compliance documentation), have experience supporting the development/review of IT Security and Certification and Accreditation related artifacts, and be able to assist in creating/maintaining security documentation.
- Requires at least 8 years experience working in the IT Security field;
- In-depth knowledge of US Government security regulations and methodologies;
- Experience using automated vulnerability assessment tools:
- Detailed knowledge of IT Security concepts;
- Working knowledge of NIST, FISMA, and OMB A-130;
- Experience with creating and maintaining security documentation;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills;
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, and client service skills.
LOCAL and CONUS TRAVEL MAY BE REQUIRED.
- Experience with RMS and TA FISMA toolsets
- Working knowledge of DHS IA controls.
- Possess one or more of the following certifications or be able to obtain within one year of service: CISSP, CISA, CISM, and CITP.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. Must be able to lift and carry at least 30-50 lbs.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Eagle Labor Category - IT Security Specialist
Security Clearance Level
Entry on Duty (EOD)
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 14 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...