Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Proactively seek information that is needed to complete the project.
- Communicate with development, creative, IT and client services teams.
- Take design comps from the creative team and architect and develop advanced applications. This may include some preparation of the graphics but primarily working with more junior developers and the design team to define how graphics need to be prepared, working with IT project managers and developers for webservice/backend integration, all the way through final delivery of the completed project for release or deployment.
- Assist more junior Developers by offering guidance in defining architecture and best approach for building out moderately complex applications.
- For large-scale applications, work with the architect to help define modules needed and make recommendations on the appropriate developers for each module.
- Develop main framework for large-scale applications according to an API defined with the architect.
- Review code with architect to ensure code quality and adherence to coding standards.
- Work with creative team on concepting to offer technology-based solutions consult on concept feasibility.
- Perform requirements gathering and write functional specifications for moderately complex buildouts and review with lead developer/architect.
- Consult with lead developers and director on timelines for moderately complex applications.
- Architect and create documentation for moderately complex applications.
- Send daily status updates to manager as well as relevant Art Directors, Producers and Project Managers for the current work.
- Tech Project Sponsor for one or more clients/segments.
- Lead team of more junior developers. This includes managerial responsibilities like approving timesheets and PTO requests and resolving conflicts.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be deadline driven and be able to demonstrate the ability to meet defined deadlines with high-quality work.
- Expert understanding of the DOM, (X)HTML, and CSS.
- Expert understanding of the differences between various browsers and platforms (e.g. desktop vs. mobile) and how resolve cross-browser layout concerns.
- Expert understanding of XML and XSD.
- Expertise in preparing graphic elements and comps from a designer using Photoshop, Illustrator and other common design packages.
- Expertise in working with PHP, .Net, or other server-side languages.
- Experience working with Flash.
- Experience with a RDBMS such as MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc. for building data-driven web sites.
- Understanding and comfort using SQL, triggers, stored procedures, etc.