Job Title: |
Web Architect, e-Commerce
Area of Interest:
Carnival Cruise Lines (“CCL”) is a branded division within Carnival Corporation, a publicly traded company founded in 1972 and headquartered in Miami. Carnival Corporation has over 90,000 employees worldwide operating 100 ships and produces over $15 billion in revenues. At any given time, there are over 270,000 people cruising with Carnival. Carnival Corporation owns a number of different cruise lines and has become the largest corporation in the cruise industry. Carnival’s portfolio of 10 leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain, and P&O Cruises in Australia.
Carnival Cruise Lines' e-Commerce Web Architect is responsible for guiding and providing strong leadership in design, development, deployment, and maintenance of multi-tiered Web applications. The position reports to the Manager, Application Development - e-Commerce. The incumbent must be proficient in implementing strategic solutions while displaying intellectual excellence serving in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
The Web Architect excels at authoring clear and concise documentation, effective communication and persuasive presentations. The Web Architect must demonstrate competence in working toward deadlines with minimal supervision. A desire and willingness to succeed will determine future career potential. This position requires an up to date knowledge of best of breed technical web solutions and current best practices for design and development. The Web Architect will collaborate closely with the Internet Marketing team to provide technical insights and assistance in shaping our strategic direction for new web products. In addition, the individual is skilled at analyzing and summarizing information for communication to senior management. An individual in this position should effectively manage multiple endeavors and delegating where appropriate in order to get the job done. The Web Architect in collaboration and guidance from the Sr. Web Architect will focus in planning and strategizing on ecommerce’s architectural roadmap as well as the execution plan to drive our solutions to the next level. The incumbent must drive proactive analysis and adherence to application security and compliance, leveraging market best practices and domain knowledge. Proven ability to conceptualize, architect, code, and document complex Web applications employing current knowledge of enterprise application technologies & development techniques is essential. A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, of Quality Assurance techniques using source code control repositories, and n-tier debugging & testing experience is expected.
· Serves as an extension of the leadership team to ensure consistent and adequate bilateral communication and collaboration. Candidate will focus on business solutions design and delivery. Identifies best practices and implementation for assigned business pipeline.
· Translating customer business issues/opportunities into technical solutions and design.
· Provides ongoing training for other team members on key architectural and best practices topics in support of knowledge sharing and transfer.
· Ability to identify different architectural options and their associated systems and business trade-offs.
· Partners with the business and serves as a subject matter expert to support strategic planning of future business pipeline, ensuring at all times that this vital information is effectively shared back with the ecommerce leadership.
· Possessing strong presentation and communication skills in senior management settings with broad audiences.
· Authoring and delivering functional and technical designs built off of business requirements, product backlog items and or feature sets provided by the business owner.
· Leading large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organizations long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams.
· Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
· The ability to quickly understand and be able to articulate business impacts of technical decisions and drive solutions to specific business problems through the effective use of technology.
· Providing technical quality assurance at various points along a project lifecycle.
· Adheres to application security and compliance, leveraging market best practices and domain knowledge.
Required Skills & Experience
Benefits as a member of the Carnival Team:
- Web Architect or comparable with at least eight years of total experience in systems/ solutions driven organizations.
- Minimum five years of experience leading cross functional teams, with ability to create new teams and/or grow and mentor existing resources both technically and operationally.
- Minimum five years of experience with strong business acumen and senior level communication using best judgment on keeping management aware of key drivers and issues as well as right balance on adequate escalation in support of optimal operational efficiencies.
- Minimum five years of experience with business and systems best practice identification, trialing forward looking innovations and continuous improvements in business process and system implementations
- Minimum five years of experience with enterprise systems design and requirements; involving backend systems, mobile systems, web systems and other similar technologies.
- Minimum five years of leading large scale database driven systems architecture and solution. Involving applications with very high transaction volume, ie.: 4 million hits per day.
- The role would require leading and driving resources with varied skills (developer, designer, analyst, business domain SME, etc.), varied types (employee, offshore and T&M) in multiple location in multiple countries
- This position requires a minimum eight years professional experience working within both traditional systems development methodologies and scrum agile methodologies where at least five years have been in a position leading cross functional teams, projects and driving architectural best practices.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or equivalent related technical experience is required.
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment .
- Tuition Reimbursement is provided for company related professional career development.
- An on-site Space Coast Credit Union satellite office, cafeteria and free parking.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- An on-site fully accredited child development center.
- An on-site Health & Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities.
- Two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
Carnival Cruise Lines - 22 months ago
Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas,...