Computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, Internet
Medical terminology knowledge.
To ensure the clinic is providing optimum patient service. Maximize productivity by ensuring high energy and morale with all team members. Supervises up to 20 employees to include Billing, Receptionists and Coding personnel. Monitor staff performance and provide statistical reporting. Implement changes necessary to comply with budget goals. Maximize revenues and comply with government regulations. Provide answers to questions by telephone or in person.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of two years experience in a medical office, clinic or other health care setting required.
3. One year of transcription preferred.
4. Expert knowledge of medical terminology, transcription guidelines, and grammar, demonstrating quality transcription work..
5. Knowledge of computer systems; medical software and applications; and medical office procedures.
6. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain cooperative relationships with providers, staff members and patients.
7. Ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with providers, patients and co-workers.
8. Self starter with excellent organizational skills and ability to use vas array of reference materials.
9. Typing skill of 60 WPM with transcription abilities.
Billing / Coding / Collection Duties
1.Accurately transcribes medical reports, maintaining an average QA score of at least 98.5%. Proofreads all work transcribed ensuring proper patient and physician names, checking spelling and punctuation. Applies expert knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology and English rules to transcription and proofreading of all medical dictation. Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of new techniques, new drugs and new terminology in order to produce quality reports. Researched and follows up on incomplete dictation.
2.Works with provider to assure that all ICD.9 and CPT codes are entered into patients daily documentation.
3.Demonstrates thorough knowledge of dictation and transcription equipment and software, with the ability to educate others on its use..
4.Meets productivity standards and is able to complete all notes for given provider within 1 work day. Example: All notes dictated on Monday but be ready for coding and physician review and signature by 5:00 the next work day.
5.Assist in entering patient medication, family and social history, past medical history, problem list and surgery history. 6.Process a variety of medical reports and correspondence; follow set routines and be alert to variations and make decisions accordingly.
Kalispell Regional Medical Center - 16 months ago