Claims Mainframe Developer /Finance
Participates as a member of and leads development teams.
• Designs units for others.
• Completes development to implement complex components.
• Designs solutions for others to develop.
• Participates in cross-functional teams.
• Leads design activities
• May provide mentoring and guidance to developers onshore and offshore
• Designs, prepares and executes unit tests. Represents team to clients.
• Demonstrates technical leadership, and exerts influence outside of immediate team.
• Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems.
• Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
• Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
• Applies HP and 3rd party technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
• Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions of significant complexity.
• Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for clients.
• Consults with team members and other organizations, clients and vendors on complex issues.
• Assigns work to others.
• Technical leadership of assigned project.
• Provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
• May develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
Education and Experience Required:
Healthcare (Claims) Industry background preferred
Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 8 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Experienced COBOL, CICS, and JCL developer with a strong claims healthcare background
• Strong client relationship skill sets,
• Proficient in mainframe applications
• Assembler skills a plus
• Ability to take on a technical lead role.
• Ability lead, mentor onshore and offshore staff, along with providing daily client facing interaction skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience on multiple full release project life cycles. Advanced understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
• Advanced understanding of testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
• Able to define quality and security standards.
• Good verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
• General project management/team leader skills. Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed team and with clients and vendors.
• Demonstrated technical leadership skills.
United States-Pennsylvania-Camp Hill
HP - 19 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...