We are looking for a Dairy Specialist for our Grocery Department. Our Dairy Specialist will oversee the buying, stocking, inventory and margin control of a specific sub-department within the grocery department.
Responsibilities & Qualifications :
Principle Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Set, and achieve, the highest standards in retail execution.
- Provide our customers with legendary service.
- Complete maintenance of the dairy sub-department.
- Ordering product from vendors as appropriate
- Stocking product
- Maintain a well-stocked and well-merchandised department.
- Control spoilage and sampling
- Assist in the training and development of Team Members.
- Achieve required margin targets for appropriate sub-department
- Support goals and visions of Team Leader.
- Support all regional and global programs and policies.
- Work a minimum of one closing shift per week, as well as one weekend day per week.
- Work all inventories as required, and monitor inventory levels and purchase journals.
- Meet all accounting deadlines.
- Maintain safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment
- Comply with all regulatory rules and regulations including HACCP, OSHA, Dept. of Labor, Weights and Measures and local food and sanitation laws.
- Complete specials projects and other duties as assigned
- Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Successful experience working in retail grocery
- Strong demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Strong demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong demonstrated merchandising skills and grocery product knowledge
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Internal Applicants must submit an Internal Application form. See your PBS for more information and to acquire this form.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time, up to 8-10 hours.
- Bending, stooping, and climbing.
- Mental and physical dexterity.
- Unassisted heavy lifting.
- Use of box cutters.
- Use of ladders.
- Iteration of duties.
About Us :
At Whole Foods Market , we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing team member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...