FEMA Knowledge preferred
Working under the general supervision of the team lead for the ITOPIS. The System Analyst programmer will administer production servers and disk storage in an enterprise environment, train staff in complex topics, interact with senior management; and schedule weekend on-call functions. This positions requires experience with Applications support in a Linux - Red Hat environment.
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction and documentation skills;
- Expert in all aspects of server administration; for example, configuration of disk sub-systems, server operations and maintenance, server migration, server protection and disk to disk backup/restore;
- A solid understanding of Linux-based operating systems and Windows Server operating system, and the storage utilities used by them;
- In-depth understanding of fiber channel and network-based storage concepts; working knowledge of zoning and redundancy, storage design concepts, and their implementation into the enterprise environment;
- Familiarity with SAN storage concepts;
- Ability to write scripts in various administrative languages (Tk, Perl, VBScript, a shell);
- Enterprise storage solution experience (SAN, NAS and direct-attached disk) in an open systems environment. Knowledge of hardware and software from key storage vendors (EMC, IBM, HP);
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill; capable of writing purchase justifications;
Two years of college or equivalent related education. A degree in computer science or a related field preferred.
Five years or more of system administration on a Windows environment.
Two years experience with 'Virtualize' production environments.
Top Secret Clearance required.
Premier Technical Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Premier Technical Services - 20 months ago