Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) is searching for a full-time Emergency Medicine Physician to independently manage and provide a full range of emergency services to patients of all ages with a wide range of traumas, injuries, and illnesses.
IACH is currently a 44-bed inpatient hospital with over 25 outpatient clinics. We service a patient population of about 63,000 Active Duty Soldiers, Family Members and Retirees in the area. In 2009 the Department of Defense approved IACH for the funding for a new $404 million, 550,000 square foot facility. It will be completed in 2013. This new hospital will be increased to a 52-bed facility, which will include an 8-bed, inpatient psychiatric unit. IACH is located at Fort Riley, which is nestled in the rolling, Flint Hills of Kansas, between the communities of Junction City and Manhattan. Manhattan is home to a major, Division One college, Kansas State University. Within a short, two hour drive are the major cities of Wichita and Kansas City, located to the south and east, respectively.
- Comprehensive health, dental, optical and life insurance plans
- 3-tiered retirement program
- Thrift Savings Plan (401K) - Government will match up to 5% of base salary
- Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - Government's version of a Pension Plan
- Social Security
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- 10 Paid Holiday
- Annual CMEs
- NO malpractice insurance
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the full range of cases and the immediate initial recognition, evaluation, care and disposition of patients in response to acute illness and injury.
- Cases and problems include the very difficult where there is responsibility for recognizing rare and difficult to identify symptoms.
- Treatment involves knowledge and application of new techniques and/or complicated procedures and advanced and delicate skills.
- This position holds unique responsibility as facility clinical subject matter expert for medical toxicology (including drug overdoses and clinical management of patients exposed to hazardous materials), special event, mass casualty and emergency response coordination, on-line supervision of emergency medical services and clinical assessment and forensic implications of physical assault, rape, suicide and other physically related crimes.
- Provide recommendations on additional diagnostic or treatment procedures to other medical professionals within the IACH community.
Questions about this position should be directed to IACHCareers@amedd.army.mil .
- MD or DO
- Graduation from an accredited Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Family Medicine residency program
- Current, unrestricted license (any state)
- Board Certified/Eligible
- ACLS, BLS, and PALS Certified
- US Citizen