Maintenance engineer will work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks, as well as lead a small maintenance team. They will troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. This position requires a person to perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of the establishment in repair. Prior experience in the field and the ability of, electricity. PLC, pneumatics, steam, welding, pipe-fitting, mechanical repair and general maintenance duties are desired. Experience in the food industry and knowledge of GMP’s are a plus.
1) Repair and maintain plant machinery and equipment
2) Repair or replace control devises such as switches, proximity sensors, bearings, electrical motors, etc. as needed
3) Troubleshoot and repair pumps, boilers, checkweight systems, scales and packaging machines, fillers, etc.
4) Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
5) Fabrication and modification of new and existing equipment.
6) Provide direction to other maintenance personnel.
7) Participates in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
8) Other duties as assigned.
1) Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial or a General Engineering discipline is preferred, or experience in lieu of degree.
2) General mechanic, fabricating, boiler operation, refrigeration, welding
3) Tetra equipment training (preferred, but will be provided.)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
2.1 Working with People,2.2 Adhere to Principles and Values,4.1 Writing and Reporting,4.2 Applying Expertise and Technology,4.3 Analysing,5.3 Formulating Strategies and Concepts,6.1 Planning and Organising,6.3 Following Instructions and Procedures,7.1 Adapting and Responding to Change,7.2 Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Travel Percentage: 10%
Monster - 4 years ago