Within Sharp’s Services & Solutions Group (SSG), the Senior Manager, National Parts Center (NPC) & Services Operations is responsible for directing and controlling of National Parts Center & Services Operations.
- Establishes and administers procedures in order to provide control, structure and professionalism in responsible areas.
- Responsible for the management activities concerning parts receiving, warehousing, picking, packing, shipping, receiving, and inventory control.
- Monitors all aspects of operations to ensure compliance with contract obligations.
- Coordinates and handles activities between SSG departments.
- Responsible for quality management of all activities.
- Works closely with Technical Service and Support on all technical issues.
- Controls all purchase requirements and inventories of tools and equipment.
- Manages the operations with the goal of optimizing cost, customer service and equipment.
- Manages the operations to ensure that the site is safe, secure and in compliance with all Sharp and government regulations.
- Ensures that the operations follow set standard procedures to ensure that it delivers consistent, high quality service.
- Measures performance on a regular basis to understand the business and to be able to drive the organization to the next level of performance.
- Visits internal and external customers on a regular basis to understand how best we can support their present and future needs and to educate them about our capabilities.
- Implements new policies and procedures that best support the needs of the customer support center, inventory planning, logistics, and supply chain organizations.
- Establishes developes and maintains adequate training and development programs for all personnel including Sharp and contractor employees.
- Responsible for the allocation of the resources and the facility; develops, reviews and monitors operation providers, maintenance, supplies, freight and capital expense budgets for the operations.
- Responsible for physical security of warehouse facilities and the inventories contained within against fire and theft.
- Monitors and addresses carrier performance versus stated transit times.
- Assists the SSG Leadership Team in formulating and implementing strategic plans.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments and techniques in material handling, security, inventory control, and warehouse operations in order to ensure continued improvements in company methods and techniques.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- College degree in operations management, business administration, logistics or related field.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of logistics, inventory planning, production, supply chain management or related experience with a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience. Service parts industry preferred.
- Ablitiy to operate independently.
- Excellent computer skills in PC presentation, spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Strong organizational abilities and communication skills are required.
- Travel required periodically.
Sharp Electronics Corporation is the Mahwah, N.J.-based marketing and sales subsidiary of Japan's Sharp Corporation, a worldwide developer...